• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Buller

Hey guys. A question about lining from a beginner. When im doing a line it looks fine, but when i wipe of, the line is almost gone and i have to do it again. Like the ink dosn’t pack into the skin. What could i be doing wrong?

Lennart82
      Participant

Uhh, alot of different thinks come to mind.

Your machine? What brand is it?
      Your needle? What type are you using?
      Are you using practis skind? Or fruit? What are you tattooing?

If the lines are bumpy like. (Like a ballpoint pen, thats running low on ink) It could be your power, not being consistent enough. Meaning, your machine dosent get a consistent flow of power.
      It could also be your machine, that needs tuning.

But I cant give an exact answer without answers ;)

Buller

My mashine is one of the cheap kind but runs ok. On my own leg. With a 5 round liner. The voltage is arround 7.4. Maybe im to “gentle”? Not going deep enough? I know its hard to answer. On practise skin it looks fine. My colouring skilles are no problem..

Lennart82
      Participant

Hmm cheap machine that runs great? ;) Well that has happend before. :lol:

On your leg?????
      Try giving it a bit more power, and dont be too gentle, but not too rough…..

Og almost forgot…
      The one thing that could be to solution to everything. One thing I know for a fact, you cant get info on in Denmark. They will not share this knowledge with any one….
      STRETCH….. STRETCH… And more Stretch…. If you dont stretch correctly, you dont get ink in the skin.

Imagine a balloon. A balloon is great for examples in tattoos. If you take a marker and do a drawing on a balloon thats not blown up. A balloon out of the bag, no air. Draw on that, and then blow it up. Your drawing will lose colour, it will almost be transparent. Now draw on the ballon, when its full of air. Let out the air. Now you will see your colour is more intense.
      Same goes for skin (Not take it litterally and blow up a client)

Now blow a balloon half way up. And try bursting it with a pencil. You will now see that the tip bounces on the surface, and you cant bust it. Stretch the balloon, and try again. BANG your through. :ugeek:
      Same goes with skin.

Stretch the skin 2 ways with your free hand, and a third way, with your machine hand. Now you have a three way stretch. :D In your free hand, you will feel a vibration, it takes time to learn to feel this vibration. But when it vibrates, at a consistent flow (difficult to explain actually) your needle is going through the skin.

The stretch is in my opinion whats wrong here. You dont stretch, or you dont stretch enough.

Buller

Thanks. It makes perfect sence with your advice.

Buller

And Yes, on my leg. Better to make mistakes on myself than others. Yes nobody shares info in Denmark. :)

Lennart82
      Participant

No they dont. :evil:

And everybody bitches about how you can only be a tattooist, if you have completed a 3 year apprenticeship at a tattooist who is a member of the Danish Tattoo Lauge. And that this mentor has an autoclaver….
      Even though those members, are more or less self thought. If they werent selfthought, they learned their trade by a mentor who was selfthought.

Thats why Denmark dont have ANY famous tattoo ARTIST, there are perhaps 5 people, I consider a tattoo artist, the rest are just tattoer. Medium skilled tattooist. Who all live by; Dont think I will teach you jack. I will NOT teach an upcoming competitor.

Now lets say, that they deep down inside, KNEW, that they were good. They shouldnt be afraid of teaching. Keep that in mind. 90% percent of danish tattooist are unsecure in their trade.

But again, there are still this little factor, that everybody in Denmark has the RIGHT, by LAW to call himself a tattooist. Just by buying a set of the internet. And these people, are more or less not willing to learn, as they know best. These characters usually bring out bad tattoos. And I can understand, why tattooist dont want to teach them anything.

To become a tattooist, one needs more then just a kit. They need skills as well. To become a tattoo artist, one need knowledge of art, of colours, of shades and shapes. And most importantly, some kind of raw, born givin’, natural talent. ;)

Buller

So very true.. Sure i’d like to learn this the right way, by a mentor. But that’s not possible for me. I have some health problems and cant do the work i do now, 10-15 years on. Maybe tattoing is a better choice health-wise, some day. I love to drav and it makes me relax. But getting any info on tattooing in DK is impossible.

Lennart82
      Participant

A mentor is only as good as the results they produce.
      Think of this;
      You can be an apprentice for 3 years at a mentors place. This mentor however makes pisspoor tattoos. But you have “studied” there for 3 years. Now are you a tattoo artist?
      Yes your mentor can teach you the basics, but if this mentor does shitty jobs himself, what then? And what have you become? :?

My story actually. My mentor did a poor job of tattooing, but is a member of The Danish Tattoo Lauge… Could my mentor teach me anything? Or is my mentor an artist? No and no. ;)

Well then lets see some of your drawings :D Post em in the “Show of your Work” area :D Loved to see them :D

Buller

Sure :) i’ll do that later today.

Buller

Lennart: thanks for the advice. It was a great help. And by the way, love your dravings. I have seen your videos, now i know who you are :D

Lennart82
      Participant

Hahaha no prob…

And about everybody knowing who I am?? :ugeek:
      Free publicity :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
      AND… better to be known for achieving/doing something, then becoming the next danish reality star, thats famous for being… famous. ;) (you know who I’m talking about :mrgreen: )

Buller

Ya i know :D My wife almost fell of the chair, first time she saw your dravings… :D

Lennart82
      Participant

Oh sorry about that…. :oops: Hope shes okey ;)

Buller

:D

Buller

Don’t you worry Lennart, I’m okay. (Written by the wife of Buller) :-)

JDawnPearls

Lenn,

A video???? I had no idea. Send me info where I can see it. Can I see it??? :P

Jessica

Lennart82
      Participant

I think he means my timelapse videos ;)

Well heres the link to the playlist

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDIdI-nCW7Op0fwEpAbudi7avwuL0h6mz

There are a lot of of vlogs as well, and 25% of them are in Danish. Which I couldnt imagine you would understand. The rest is in my best english vocabulary, were I completely abuse the word WELL… ;)

JDawnPearls

Awesome!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

yay for videos Lenn!
      I need to get a tripod so I can record some of my tattoos. I also need a bigger XD card D:
      I have three videos on youtube. hoping to get more soon!
      I also want to do some tutorial videos and such.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan