• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      wrathone11
      Participant

I posted on here about this earlier, but probably put it in the wrong forum topic this is probably the right place.

I’ve been building and rebuilding machines for about 6 years now and have some good artists that are using and really like my machines. Some of them have shown interest in building machines themselves. So I’ve been thinking about writing a guide to machine building complete with pictures, blueprints and possible a video basically walking you through the steps to building a machine. The guide would cover making a frame jig, welding a frame, making binding posts, wrapping and soldering coils, making an armature bar, etc. in the end you’d wind up with a complete machine. I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in being able to get a guide like this. I only know of one other thing out there like this and that’s Erick Alayon’s book on building a bulldog frame, excellent book by the way.

The guide I’m thinking about writing would be on making a walker style frame and walk you through the entire process from mostly raw materials all the way to having a complete machine.

Anyone be interested in something like this?

Viper65

I just responded to it: What do the machines look like? got pics? do you sell them? what kind of parts do you use? Just curious, yeah, I would be interested in a book as well……… :ugeek:

wrathone11
      Participant

I just responded to your other post too. LOL

The only things I don’t make are the coil cores, screws and washers, wire and capacitors (if I could make those I’d be making more money I think, lol), and springs. I like Flying Irons shorty coil cores both 5/16″ and 3/8″ so I buy them and wrap them with 24 wag wire (green or red, depending on what I’ve got in), I don’t like cutting springs so I get them from atimemachine.com, screws and washers I pick up at the local Ace Hardware and capacitors I either order online or get from Radio Shack. I get my raw steel, brass and brass threaded rod from onlinemetals.com sometimes you can find it at Home Depot or Ace. I sometimes cut springs, but I can get them cheap and quick ordering them and they’re just as good as any hand cut I’ve ever used so unless I’m going for a specific look I just order them. I do 6, 8 and 10 wrap coils depending on what I’m building.

wrathone11
      Participant

Well I’m still working on the machine building guide, but looks like it’ll be on hold for a year or so. I just came down on orders to do a year in Korea and found out that even though Korea finally implemented tattoo laws,regulations and sanitation standards, all tattoo studios in Korea are off limits to military personell. It’s going to be a long year of visiting Buddhist temples, hitting the gym and painting flash. I’m going to try to link up with a welder and some metal and finish the building guide while I’m there, but have no idea if I’ll be able too.

Anyway, I’ll keep you posted.

Viper65

…………..If its a Military post, I can personally guarentee you “Somebody” is tatting….. ;)

wrathone11
      Participant

Yeah someone probably is tattooing and I could probably set up shop once I got there, but I’m a senior NCO. Getting busted tattooing by some asshat that doesn’t like them and is a stickler on policy/regulations while in Korea would be bad for me. Rather not take the chance of having to deal with that.

chicken_run

im keen in info on this =)
      have u made up a few copys

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan