• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

As explained elsewhere. im learning by myself. not ideal by any stretch of the term but its what im doing. No complacency here.
      however i digress.
      i wanna build my own machines. obviously i know the basic layout and build but i would like to know what makes a good machine.
      what makes a good liner, shader?
      any particular material that makes a better frame?
      conductivity? RCA or clip cords? C’mon guys give a noob the benfit of experiance so i dont F%%k up even my pig skin!
      im not fussed by brand. i just wanna make the best machine that i possibly can.

Andi

CHILLY

Mate have you bought the basic fundementals of modern tattoo book? its got some awesome pointers in there,,
      im currently doing the same research on the subject & in the mean time ive bought some machines off ebay just to familiarize myself with them, (strip them down, tune them up etc) ya gotta start somewhere i recon and before i outlay some big money for quality parts i want to know my way around a machine back to front.

yeah chilly, i been doing the same, looking at casting my own frames now as a good freind of mine can cast metals for me ( he has made me medievil battle helmets and my fire sword for me)
      so im looking to proper make up some real custom machines. as for the book, already on the shopping list dude.
      but yeah i have got to know the basic layout of a machine quite well now. i like you bought a couple ebay specials and one arrived with the contact screw set screw broken. so immeediatly i thought “there is a project for me there. lolz.

any how cheers mate!

Before you can build machines you have to know what a good machine is. Buy good machines. Invest in 5 – 10 good machines. Then tear them apart and measure every aspect of them. Then build your own and you can try to re-create what you like and change what you dont like… This forum is for tattoo artists who are apprentices – usually an apprentice shouldnt be building machines for sale. If you want to “experiment” that is different than building and there are a lot of general tattoo machine rules of thumb out there (i know i say it all the time) but there are some good rules in the book! haha

thanks again canvas,
      i have no intention of selling the machines. just wanna do it for fun and to become more inimate with my machines. i do wanna get the book, but what with the recession here in the uk, and the recent VAT tax hike, money is at a premium. i have a good diagram of the machine now, its basic but has all the relative info i need,
      i have actually made a working “prototype” proper coiled machine, but ill never use it as i made it before i knew really what i was doing, so allignment is all crapppy and that, but it works and is pretty to look at.
      now with that lil bit more experience i have started work on another machine, but with the diagram i have as a guide, ( i have also learend a hell of lot about voltage and so on, ) so hopefully this will be a better model. lmao. i guess time will tell.
      thanks any way s guys.

Send me your mailing address
      email me:

Charles@TattooBooksOnline .com

see what I can do.
      be sure to mention this conversation –

Money is tight all over –
      and I am not in this to get rich.
      Just want to bring the industry up a bit in quality.

The things in my books are not secrets…
      they are just not very well documented.

I hope that makes sense –
      And just FYI for everyone else out there… I am not making money on the books yet..
      I have invested a LOT of my own money to have them printed – and distributed…
      Maybe in a few years if they get more popular – i will see some return..

The profit I make is knowing people like you guys are learning… that’s all I want!

rob

Hey canvas would it be possible to get a copy of the book your talking about.
      thanks mate

xDreamerx
      Participant

It was well worth the $ Jordan. Glad I picked it up.

cillalea5005

Canvas, I know I said it in another post, but the book is the best one out there. I learned more from that book than all others combined. I look forward to your next book!

Thanks for caring about us “noobs”

Peace, Cilla

Cilla –
      I am glad you enjoy it!
      I am working hard on the part 2.
      “The Advanced Tattoo Apprentice”

I just finished another book – that is geared more toward tattoo clients, but will def. be an awesome addition to every tattoo artist’s library…

“101 things your tattoo artist forgot to tell you, and you were probably too afraid to ask”

It should be in print soon…
      If you have Basic Fundamentals of Modern Tattoo – then you will obviously be the first ones to know when it is avaiable – and you will be offered a discounted price!

We are working on the DVD training set too..
      I am side tracked with work in Afghansitan right now… but I promise when I am in the states I am doing nothing but trying to make this website better and get quality information out there for new tattoo professionals.

Best of luck to all of you – and especially thanks to those of you who have posted the positive reviews on Amazon.com…
      I am not getting rich off this stuff – so every little sale helps!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan