• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      wrathone11
      Participant

So I’m thinking about writing a guide to building a tattoo machine. The guide would include pictures, blueprints and possibly a dvd showing and explaining the process. I would cover making a frame jig, making a frame, making binding posts, wrapping and soldering coils etc. do you think anyone would be interested in a guide like this. I’ve been building and rebuilding machines for about 6 years now and build a pretty decent machine. Let me know what you think.

TexasPT

Give out a dozen of your machines to experienced artists with good reputations. If you can get professional backing, write the book. If you can’t…you’ll never be taken seriously beyond guys who are “gonna git rich” in their living rooms like that ballers on NY ink.

I personally would love to see a book like that. There is one available on amazon about building a bulldog machine.

wrathone11
      Participant

Yeah that’s Erick Alayon’s book, really good one too. I’ve already got several artists using my machines and had many interested in getting into building machines that’s why I’m curious if anyone else out there was interested. Thanks for the reply, I’ll keep the forum posted if I do write the guide. It won’t be a book, it’ll be a one off deal that is printed and mailed as ordered of people want it.

Viper65

Id be interested for sure…do you have any of your machines for sale? do you have pictures of them? Just curious, but definately interested….

wrathone11
      Participant

I don’t have any for sale right now, I’m in the process of building 5 machines right now though. Four kids a wife and the Army make it hard to find the time to build sometimes, but I’m hoping to have them ready in a couple of weeks. I’ll dig up some pic’s of machines I’ve built and try to post some of them. I’m also thinking about possibly adding a little bit on casting bronze or brass frames in, but casting is such a dirty pain in the ass I don’t know yet.

TexasPT

The building and mechanics fascinate me. I’d be in for a copy. I almost think I like tinkering with the machine as much as I like tattooing with it. :)

wrathone11
      Participant

I love tattooing, but honestly I think I’m a better machine builder than I am a tattoo artist sometimes. Building machines is a lot of fun, if I couldn’t tattoo I think I’d be just as happy building machines. I’ll keep everyone posted on the guide, I think I’m just going to go ahead and write it and see what happens. Worst case I’ll have a detailed instruction manual for when I build machines.

boot3rs
      Participant

I realize this is a old post but Id be interested.

ben.catterall
      Participant

Hey, I’m in the same boat as boot3rs. It’s a really old post now, but if you did end up writing the book I am interested in buyingh it off ya. I’m very interested in how to make a machine from scratch. :D :D

robroy289
      Participant

Me to i would be interested in a copy for sure!!

Jester
      Participant

Count me in!! I’d love a copy!!

wrathone11
      Participant

When I started putting this book idea together I came down on orders to go to Korea for a year, I’ll be back in the States in about a month and will start working on it again. I’ve got all the plans worked out, but still working out a tweak on the frame jig. Hopefully I’ll have get this thing done this year, all depends on how busy that army keeps me over the next year. At least I’ll be back in the States.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan