• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      masterofnone

Ok so I’m a newbie sctatcher if u will so what I follow the codes of conduct As a pro would that out of the way WTF is with magnatizing frames how do u know when this is a problem and why would anyone buy a frame that this could happen to I’m open to any feedback but for now I’m going for non-ferrous frames and dealing with the yolk.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

None of my machines require a yoke. My machines are all iron machines where the frame is used as a current for electricity, which causes an electro-magnetic pulse in the coils to bring own the a-bar.

masterofnone

I understand how machines work. What I’m getting at is ferrous frames no matter the type of metal have what is called magnetic memory and it can causes interruptions in the magnetic bloom of the coils. This leads to power loss and poor consistency of power flow. I’ve read up a little since the post and I understand some metals this can happen faster. There is a video on you tube where a guy created a shield to prevent the problem. Put in tattoo machine coils and u should find interesting stuff.

murai89
      Participant

the whole reason why you need a yoke or not is because you want the cores of the coils to be
      running as a pair so they have to be connected with a magnetic metal.
      so frames that are ferrous doesnt need a yoke because the frame acts like a yoke
      but frames that are non ferrous need a yoke made out of iron or the same type of metal
      as the armature bar to connect the coils iron cores to run as a pair.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan