• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      boot3rs
      Participant

Just curious to see information on how individuals hold there machines, not angles but grasps. For example I do not hold it like a pencil because of its weight. My fingers are lower on the tube than they would be on a pencil

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

you say lower, are you useing straight tubes w/no grip?

boot3rs
      Participant

No, I actually place the grip very low on the tube and grasp it. Therefore Im grasping it much lower than I would do on a pencil

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

if thats what feels comfortable, then i guess why not. although it seems like this would interfere with how well you can see your working area.

Toombs

The way I personally grip the tube is just below the hand grip… I forget the name of the opening where u can see the needle in the tube (have the flu atm so I’m not all with it lol) but between that and grip… I have the grip positioned in the web of my hand between the index and the thumb… I tend to get uncontrollable shakes if I hold the grip further up than I normally would coz of the weight of my machines but this is what works for me… But… Only you can find the optimal positioning for when u tattoo… Just play with ur grip while practicing on fake or pig skin to find what’s best for you…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan