• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Rscotti91
      Participant

So I’ve had trouble making stencils from the start. Not that they won’t adhere to the skin or that I don’t know how to make them.
      Actually making nice, clean, and bold stencils.
      I’ve sat down for hours trying to make them but still can’t get them nice and bold.
      Any suggestions other than a thermal fax copier.
      Not that I don’t want to invest in one, it’s just not fees able at the moment.
      Thanks.
      R.Scotti

Infamous
      Participant

I feel like I need more info.

For me I draw the first one, show it to the client, if they approve I’ll take it to the lightbox trace it on the backside, then I use a clipboard and bulldog clips to hold the stencil in place. I remove the protective sheet and then put the reversed image face up directly on top of my Spirit Paper, I then put the bulldog clips on the sides of my image as much as I can and begin to re-trace the lines pushing firmly with a pen.

That usually works for me :/ I don’t know what else to tell you. Except that you should use some type of stencil stuff to adhere it to the skin. Me I go old school and just straight-up use speedstick, works great.

Rscotti91
      Participant

It just doesn’t come out bold when I trace over it. I’ve tried pencils, pens, and even colored pencils. I just don’t know but I’ll give that way a try and see how it works out for me. Speedstick is great in all, but you got to make sure you use a tongue depressor.
      I’ve seen “Professional Tattoo Artists” use speedstick and apply it directly on the client with the actual deodorant!!! YUCK!
      I make my own stencil solution at home, it use part speedstick. It works amazingly and the stencils don’t rub off easy at all.
      R.Scotti

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Tape your stencil to your sheep be sure to remove the onion sheet and push REALLY hard on the page. You may have to go over each line a few times. I sometimes do like a back and forth motion when making my stencils. The problem is that spirit paper is MADE for HEAT not PRESSURE. You should look into Hectograph Paper which is used with Dot Matrix printers. It is used for pressure not heat. You can even check online for your run of the mill office fax machine. I see them on Kijiji for 20$. the only catch is you need to print your stencil backwords because of the way the fax machine prints onto the sheet.

My stencil solution is 1 part Isopropyl Alcohol 99% and 7 parts Detol. Put into a spray bottle, spray onto hand, rub into the skin really well. Repeat until tacky. Works beautifully.

Infamous
      Participant

In that case, maybe try putting your pencil (with out the metal eraser bit) in the microwave for like 30 seconds.

That’s just a top-of-the-head suggestion it sounds really weird, but if it works by heat it might help a lot

angie

dettol strait out of the botle ( into a litle sray ) thats it….with spirit paper…theres a yelloish transparent paper take it off…place your sheet directly on the spirit paper…ans trace,,,hope youll figure out what is it that doesnt work… ;)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan