• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      JDawnPearls

So, its pretty hard to get an apprenticeship I know – and I have no idea if I will be successful or not. Anyhow – at a minimum talking to the studio and getting to know the artist, today I already learned something that I will keep in mind in my sketches.

Right now I had a “consult” with the artist (been tattooing in Ottawa 11 years now) and his work is amazing. Ou discussion went well and I just HAPPENED to have my sketch book. This is my second “just to chat” visit, and the interest was directed at my sketch book (didn’t have it with me last time). The artist said I had good work !

Honestly, I was SHY – I am naturally introverted and sooooo nervous to bring up wanting something from them (even if its just to take a look at my stuff), but I got through it and I’m alive. Whew!! I will go back. He has given me his personal email and told me to bring in another sketch if I want, and he will work on the idea I am asking him to sketch.

YEAHHH!!!!!

This may seem like nothing – but this was really positive. The last time I spoke about being an artist, the tattooist was just, “uh huh” and nothing else. This guy ASKED TO SEE what I had. He was totally normal and awesome. Name is Glen.

So … consults, chats, tattoos – (starting next year since baby and healing has got to happen first) I really hope and pray that this will lead to more education.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

thats awesome jess im proud and happy for you!
      i was jus tin ottawa today for a doctors appointment. i live in cornwall :3

Lennart82
      Participant

thats great news. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :D

You got skills, no doubt about that. :D

JDawnPearls

My personality is less able to go and ask for anything – took me a while to ask for help with the kids!! But I’m too determined to not get in the door. Learn and get more tattoos.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Rants and Raves’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan