• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Loopi

So I decided to read a few of the older posts and Canvas was one determined guy getting this site up and going! But what happened? you had such passion and drive I read some older posts and boy you didnt take any crap (I loved it) ….

I notice that there is very little activity on the site, so peeps I am wondering why? where is the love gone? and how do we get this forum over rum with people eager to learn and people eager to teach?

A wise man once said “This forum is not supposed to be about telling scratchers to “go get an apprenticeship”
      It is about tattooing safe – and improving technique.
      Of course apprenticeship is the BEST way to go – but you can only advocate.. belittlement and degradation is typically what the insecure artists in the industry do.
      This Forum is a place to share knowledge with ANYONE who wants to learn about tattoo.
      I don’t care if a kid is tattooing his friend in the basement (because they are going to do that anyway)
      at least here they can be told – “USE PLASTIC TUBES” and “WEAR GLOVES” ” ….

robroy289
      Participant

Dude i am so glad there are good and wise people like you and many others on this site. I myself just started a few months ago. I live in a very small country town where there are no tattoo shops!!! The next town over is 45 min. away. And they only have one shop there. But that’s still no excuse if i wana learn bad enough. I still hang out there and get tatted up, and ask questions, but i don’t want to ware out my welcome. Anyways, what I am trying to get at is this site keeps me pointed in the right direction. Where I can ask a question about something and dont feel like a fuck’n moron. It’s hard enough to learn something new and its even harder if you don’t know what direction to go in. I don’t know much but im pretty sure weather we are advanced or a newbe we all share the same bond, “The love and passion for art”. So, thanks for the help guys..

cjmahone66

you guys should really check out the Ink-Trails forum. it’s much more active and there is a lot of talent over there willing to help. if you are serious about this, you will pay the $20 lifetime membership. it’s well worth it and will open doors to tons of good informaiton that i hadn’t found anywhere else.
      i think i’m about to start using that forum exclusively because i just feel like i’m wasting my time on this one.

Loopi

I was looking at that site a few days ago in ireland that is a lot of money. I might try the month one first but gotta put some cash away for it. Thing is … canvas put a lot of time and effort in to this and I don’t wanna jump ship just yet

cjmahone66

@Loopi wrote:

I was looking at that site a few days ago in ireland that is a lot of money. I might try the month one first but gotta put some cash away for it. Thing is … canvas put a lot of time and effort in to this and I don’t wanna jump ship just yet

$20 is a lot of money? as compaired to what? if you’re going to buy a halfway decent machine you will spend at least $150, so why wouldn’t you spend $20 on something that will help you learn how to use that machine safely and properly?

i don’t know where your head is at.

robroy289
      Participant

I agree man. Im gona broaden my horizion’s .$20 is nothing compared to learning valuable tips that will help you excel . But i aslo wana stick with this site and see if it picks up any.

Loopi

cjmahone66, you dont know what each persons personal circumstances are so prehaps you shouldnt comment in such a disconcerting manner. I live in Ireland, watch the news at the moment we are in ruins and I am looking to develop skills in other areas in the hopes that I can pay our rent and keep food on the table.

cjmahone66

@Loopi wrote:

cjmahone66, you dont know what each persons personal circumstances are so prehaps you shouldnt comment in such a disconcerting manner. I live in Ireland, watch the news at the moment we are in ruins and I am looking to develop skills in other areas in the hopes that I can pay our rent and keep food on the table.

with respect, i have to say this:
      getting tattooed takes time and money. learning to tattoo takes a lot more time and a lot more money. if you do not have an adequite supply of both, you would be well served to look towards another craft which is easier and quicker to learn, and will pay the bills much sooner. I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but if you are trying to learn to tattoo just to fulfill a short-term or immediate need, then you are just a short term hustler in a world that many people devote their entire lives to. And you are probably wasting your own time.
      i don’t think i am commenting in a disconcerting manner, i just have to be honest- that’s what we are all here for.
      you need to ask yourself if you have the stomach for honesty. if you dont, then you certainly can’t handle the lies people will tell about you and your tattooing.
      God loves you, Jesus died for you, i wish you the best.

nytemareh
      Participant

to some people, even myself at times $20 is alot of money. Being poor, and having to plan out where your money is best spent does not equal to less drive. I often work 60 hours a week to just barely get by, and trust me my determination is strong. People like loopi, and to a certain extent myself just have to make our best judgement where money goes too. However, if you do want to tattoo you have to sacrifice everyday. Everyday i could have spent more time with my son. I could have bought shoes instead of ink. I could have done anything besides sit and read, or draw, or tattoo. I know in years it will pay off. My wife knows it will. I agree however that tattooing is not a short term fix. It takes years to get good, and more years to build a good reputation for your work. If you are serious tighten your belt, and do what you have to do to make it happen. good luck.

Loopi

Thank you.

I am serious at being the best tattoo artist I can be, once upon a time I went to college trained to become something after years of hard work I got the opportunity to work at the job I trained hard for, unfortunately the recession hit the country hard and my job went first, I worked for the community made sure elderly didnt have to sell their homes because they no longer had the resources to get to there local post office or shop I set up transport in isolated areas. four years it took of hard work to get to that position and I only got to do it for 3 years. I major slap in the face.

I am dedicated I will learn for as long as it takes I will tighten my belt and if i have to but 20 dollars of ink and spend 25 dollars to get it delivered I will do it.
      I want this! I really do, I have had the jobs where I sit at a desk 40 hours a week worked through my lunch hour just so I get to the art shop that evening to buy my paint.
      I have been drawn to art since I was 5 and i realised the power of a pencil!

20 dollars is a lot to me but in time I will have the 20 dollars to spare and I will put it towards the membership. just because I dont have 20 dollars it doesnt mean I be will any less of a tattoo artist.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan