• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      leopardprints67
      Participant

Ok. SOmeone on here once mentioned mixing your greywashes with white ink instead of water. I’m looking for a smooth, creamy effect. What ratios should I use? I don’t want to waste a bunch of ink trying to figure it out. Any ideas? Should I use a mixing white or a regular white? I have both.

Viper65

If you mixed it with white it would make GRAY!! Is that what your looking for????

I think TexasPT posted a link, but ill tell you what i do…

cap #1 one drop black rest water
      cap #1 3 drops black rest water
      cap#3 6 drops black rest water
      cap#4 should be about half full…water
      Cap 5 is straight up ink.

thats just my mix….doest mean its right or wrong….it works for me….. :ugeek:

Tarantula

If you want to make a “true” grey the best way I find to do it is to start with a cap 3/4 full with white ink, then I have an electric stirrer that i dip into the black ink (or any dark ink when I’m mixing colors), give it a real good stir and see if its light enough, if not just repeat. Don’t use a whole drop of black ink as this will most likely go way darker than you were expecting and then you need to start adding white again…

I use this method for mixing all my colours, I don’t bother having massive ammounts of coloured inks as its easy enough to mix your own, this way stops you using tons of ink, you may be surprised how much one dip will alter the colour. If you want to make up a full bottle of grey then I would fill it 3/4 full with white and start adding black 1 drop at a time, giving it a good shake (drop an autoclaved BB into the bottle to help mix) until you get the mix you want.

leopardprints67
      Participant

@Viper65 wrote:

If you mixed it with white it would make GRAY!! Is that what your looking for????

I think TexasPT posted a link, but ill tell you what i do…

cap #1 one drop black rest water
      cap #1 3 drops black rest water
      cap#3 6 drops black rest water
      cap#4 should be about half full…water
      Cap 5 is straight up ink.

thats just my mix….doest mean its right or wrong….it works for me….. :ugeek:

Wow that’s so close to the ratios I use. I’ve just seen some black and grey where the wash is almost creamy and very soft. So I’m doing some experiments to try and get that effect.

ThanX!

leopardprints67
      Participant

@Tarantula wrote:

If you want to make a “true” grey the best way I find to do it is to start with a cap 3/4 full with white ink, then I have an electric stirrer that i dip into the black ink (or any dark ink when I’m mixing colors), give it a real good stir and see if its light enough, if not just repeat. Don’t use a whole drop of black ink as this will most likely go way darker than you were expecting and then you need to start adding white again…

I use this method for mixing all my colours, I don’t bother having massive ammounts of coloured inks as its easy enough to mix your own, this way stops you using tons of ink, you may be surprised how much one dip will alter the colour. If you want to make up a full bottle of grey then I would fill it 3/4 full with white and start adding black 1 drop at a time, giving it a good shake (drop an autoclaved BB into the bottle to help mix) until you get the mix you want.

Thanks a ton, Tarantula. Much appreciated.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you want to get light grey layout then go mix it with black and white you will get and light grey combination with it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan