• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      huilt

Hey guys, I’m back :D

So I did my eighth tattoo yesterday, it was a text saying:
      “Don’t take life for granted, cause life’s too short!”
      (My first text tattoo, I was nervous as hell)

I asked him twice if he really wanted the ‘!’, cause it seems kind of random,
      but he said he really wanted it, so yeah.

Anyways, here it is!
      http://31.media.tumblr.com/07ed8c73771a9e23d9c0e7330db644bf/tumblr_ms38kjuxc61re8ql6o1_500.jpg

It went a lot better than expected. I did it with a machine called The Hawk,
      or at least I think that’s how it is spelled.
      :mrgreen:

It went better than expected. Here and there the stencil rubbed off (I started from the last word and moved left and up) so I had to draw it in myself. I’m pretty happy with it.

The only annoying thing about doing this tattoo is that the guy had stretchmarks, and he wanted it right where they were.
      They raised extremely much as soon as the ink hit the skin, which my mentor had already warned me about.
      That’s why the tattoo on the picture looks kind of bobbly. I’ll be sure to upload a better picture once the swelling has gone down.

The only negative part was that, where I had to draw it in, it looks less natural, which is my own stupid fault, but at least there are no spelling mistakes. *phew*

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looks pretty good
      You are very pretty btw :P
      what you are using is a Cheyenne Hawk Spirit, or at the very least a fake one.
      Hard to tell from those picstures
      the reasonw hy I say fake is because you just called it “The Hawk” haha
      really good tattoo though
      you need to watch how you tattoo darker skinned people. Their skins VERY sensitive that could have also caused your swelling issue.
      The thing with stretch marks are they are actually a type of scar in the body, and are filled with collagen. Collagen has a very rough time taking the ink. You need to take your time, and go over them gently or you can rip open the skin. especially on dark skinned people. you did a great job though

what are you using for your stencil application? I could tell you how to make, and use the stuff I make. It works wonders. What also helps is either using a stencil copier, or an office fax machine to make a stencil. This will make your stencils VERY dark, and last a long time. If you use an office fax make sure it’s thermal! :3 Your stencil does look a little light. That could also be the lighting, and the dark skin though.

your work station looks really nice and wrapped up. Maybe next time get a picture of JUST your work station before you start you tattoo. No real reason other than I’m curious, haha.

Maybe post the rest of your pics in this thread. Just makes it easier for us to keep track of your growth, and theres less spam on the forum. :3
      Great work! I’ve actually wanted to try the Cheyenne Hawk Spirit, and Thunder

Lennart82
      Participant

Ohhh I nearly dropped my coffey, seing all the redness. (Yub didnt read your post before I looked, my bad)

Its kind of hard to see the writing. But from afar it looks great… Besides the redness :mrgreen:

huilt

Thank you! :3

My mentor didn’t have too much time as he had something he had to do himself urgently.

I really had trouble getting the stencil on. The guy was picky and wanted it really at a certain spot, not lower or higher. So by the time we finally got it on, it was pretty light, and I had to draw it on myself.

I use, well, we refer to it as blue print. You can do it manually or with a machine, but my mentor wanted me to do it with hand just so I can get more experience with that.

And haha, I don’t know, the people in the tattooshop just refer to it as “the hawk”, so I have no idea what else I would call it. :oops: :D

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

what do you use to put it on though? what are you putting on the skin to hold the stencil on?

huilt

I use Detol, other times ‘Stencil Stuff’, as it is called.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Stencil Stuff is rad
      try mixing 1 part isopropyl alcohol 99% with 7 parts Dettol
      I find it works better as the alcohol makes it dry faster :3

Spray some on your glove, then rub it in until its tacky, and away you go!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan