• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      SirBlazeAloT

Ok so after a ton of criticism from people here, I have slowed down my work and have switched back to MUCH smaller designs and such.

ColorLock and KuroSumi Ink:

SO:

Here are the end results of a “Laugh now Cry later” theater masks :: and a few nautical star

Any criticism is greatly appreciated..

Sorry for the low quality cell phone pic :(

Thanks

Theater masks: http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/4316/39862636294509373011510.jpg

Stars: http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/7633/nauticalstars.jpg

boaz

hi mate on your stars try a going lighter to dark on the black i will give depth

SirBlazeAloT

@boaz wrote:

hi mate on your stars try a going lighter to dark on the black i will give depth

Thanks man , appreciate it.. so fade it from dark to light? Like start from the outermost part and fade it to lighter as I get to the center part?

Thanks

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

definitely better, just need to work more on the shading. the stars look solid from what i can see. like said fade them up to center line of each point and it will add dimension…..nice job. a little advise goes a long way….

SirBlazeAloT

@Troub1edSou1z wrote:

definitely better, just need to work more on the shading. the stars look solid from what i can see. like said fade them up to center line of each point and it will add dimension…..nice job. a little advise goes a long way….

Yes sir it does!

Thanks a lot man!

Im definitely getting better and getting better criticism from my past few pieces..
      Ive been keeping it more simple for now, and yes I know my main focus /issue is shading. I will continue to work hard at this!

Thanks troubled your advice and texans advice has helped me in so many ways! You guys have inspired me greatly and now I am getting better!

I also bought A new LCD digital power supply. I had a real cheap analog one/. The new one I have has wayyyy more settings and such and now I can run my machines on MUCHHH lower voltage compared to my crappy started kit power supply!!

It even has two machine slots: one for a liner and one for a shader, and a switch to go back and forth from shading to lining mode. This power supply has drastically improved my overall work!!

Thanks!

TexasPT

Good work, Blaze. Big step forward, for sure.

Looks like your theater masks have a pretty good amount of blowouts. (but the lines look like a HUGE improvement) 2 things typically cause that. Either going too deep with the needle, or holding it at too great an angle. (I did this a few weeks ago so the lesson is fresh in my mind)

From what I can tell the stars look solid, nice work.

My one criticism would be the blue in the masks…why is it there? When I first started I wanted to be tattooing so bad that I actually would just keep putting crap in my tattoos because I didn’t want to let go of the machine. Now I take time to just stop and stare for a while before I add a new element. It usually saves me from myself.

Mark

SirBlazeAloT

@TexasPT wrote:

Looks like your theater masks have a pretty good amount of blowouts. (but the lines look like a HUGE improvement) 2 things typically cause that. Either going too deep with the needle, or holding it at too great an angle. (I did this a few weeks ago so the lesson is fresh in my mind)

My one criticism would be the blue in the masks…why is it there? When I first started I wanted to be tattooing so bad that I actually would just keep putting crap in my tattoos because I didn’t want to let go of the machine. Now I take time to just stop and stare for a while before I add a new element. It usually saves me from myself.

Mark

Well the theater masks are a 15yr old coverup: they were done on my moms leg when I was about 9-10yrs old (im 24 now lol) it was SOOO faded you couldnt even tell what it was…. I think thats why some of the lines look that way.

The blue was already there so i had to cover it with something, ya know?

any tips to make it look better would be greatly appreciated..!!

SirBlazeAloT

@TexasPT wrote:

Mark

Also I recently started using the Diamond Cut Tips and setting my needle a TINY bit past the tube tip, and now working off the tip if my needle, rather than working off the tip of the tube. This requires manually holding the needle at the right depth but has made it 10000%’s easier to watch where Im laying my lines and if my needle is at a 45 like its suppose to be..

I think the lines just seem “blown out” because it is a 15-16yr old cover up that was soooo faded, it was originally the theater masks still but so distorted/;faded and blurry you couldnt tell what it was, just looked like a blob full of colors and black lines lol… wish I had the before/after pic

Viper65

I agree with Mark for one, and for two your work is improving alot…nice job Chris. :D

SirBlazeAloT

@Viper65 wrote:

I agree with Mark for one, and for two your work is improving alot…nice job Chris. :D

Thanks a lot man!

boaz

good job matey start looking at things with one eye open(with one i closwd it changes the shadow refrence) u will see how flat they look but transfer that to a picture it comes alive(u add depth) . look at things like metal shine what coulors can u see how much of the reflection is white and how much shade is there.hope this helps buddy

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan