same mate

Same mate of mine, my guinea pig! :)

:)

robroy289
      Participant

It looks like good line work but i don’t really like the black ink you are using, but it might be the computer screen..
      Also my advise would be to stay away from ear, neck, throat tattoos until you really get the hang of everything and are comfortable with needle depth, speed of the machine and speed of your hand… Thats just my advise, but its looking good!!

thanks for the feed back rob!Whats the priblem you see with the ink?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

looking pretty clean dude. i dont see a problem with your black ink. what ink are you using? for outlining, and for solid black I use Intenze Zuper Black, and I use Kuro Sumi for shading.

i would have posted sooner but i cant access the forum at home for some reason i keep getting errors.

Hey, thanks dude! I don’t use a outline ink, never have, should I? What’s the difference, is it different alcohol % that’s helps the stencil that stays on skin? What’s the benefits of using outline ink? I use black buddah ultra black, for outline and fill!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Outlining ink just has a better undertone than an ink that isnt specifically for outlining. All blacks–except tribal black–have an undertone of blue, or green. As far as the alcohol for putting your stencil on the skin. All the alcohol does is make the skin dry faster, so the stencil dries faster. I personally use a 1 part 70% Isopropyl Alcohol, to 7 parts Detol mixture for my stencils. I put it in a mist bottle, and mist some on my glove, then rub it in. You repeat this until the skin is tacky. You want to really push when you rub it in though, and try not to over saturate.

The Zuper black ink is a tribal ink so it stays black black after it heals. That’s why I use it to outline. I find the Kuro Sumi Outline ink has a blue undertone. I do, however, use Kuro Sumi Outline ink to shade. It’s all the shop here in town sells. It works wonders though. I just havent had the resources to do an order online for the real soft grey Kuro stuff. I swear by Kuro for shading personally. It’s all preference though! :)

Hope this helps.

robroy289
      Participant

Thats all i was saying was the outer edges wasn’t as dark as a good outlining ink would do and it looks more charcoal black on the one behind the ear with a blue hue.. The rest of them looked really solid. Black is Black ink for the most part but Kuro Sumi outline ink, dynamic,Eternal, and regular Intenze outlining inks are the best. Intenze zuper black ink i wouldn’t recommend anybody to use for outlining. I have seen it healed on a great deal of people with a purple tint and i have even seen it heal with a greenish blue tent! Just my input. By no means am i the best, But this is what i was taught by my mentor and im just passing it down…

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Intenze Zuper Black is tribal ink
      it doesnt have any undertone
      My ex girlfriend has many tattoos–including solid black leopard prints–and they are still blacker than black
      you were probably using fake ink
      my father also got his first tattoos using the Zuper I have ( I normally used Alla Prima)
      and they are still solid black

as far as the others you mentioned I havent tried my eternal black yet, but I do know my Kuro has a blue undertone
      thats why I use Kuro for my shading as it makes a nice grey when diluted
      I like my outlines to stay black black

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan