• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Infamous
      Participant

I wanted the lettering to be solid black but I couldn’t get that to happen. Still not finished have some touching up to do on the wire, and now that I have Kuro I might have another go at those letters. Of course, the client thought it looked good so maybe I should just let it be.

Note I did not take these pictures, this was taken by the client and sent to me when the wraps came off. Let me know what you think, and what I can do to get better.

On the wire, he wanted it to look old-fashioned so I made a mix of red and brown to get a rust color, I think I should color it in.. If I do should the ink be more of a darker brown color? Or should I use a shader with the same red-brown mix? I don’t think a lighter color would be right for it

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Personally I’d go a tad darker, and then solid fill the letters. It’ll make it look much better. It’s hard to tell from the pic as it is kind of blurry and theres some noise but your line work looks pretty good for your third tattoo. It’s hard to really tell much with these pics. Hopefully he didnt have his arms out all day, and only had them out for the pictures. The sun is very bad for a tattoo. During the healing process especially.

Infamous
      Participant

I thought the same thing when I saw the pictures he sent me were outdoors. I assume they were taken with a cell phone because I actually had to make them bigger in photoshop. Usually, when I use my camera I have to scale them down to about 20% for them to even load online.

And thanks about the line work! I’ll get some better pictures whenever he comes back for his touchup

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

More than likely. I use a Fujifilm Finepix S9100 to take my pictures. It takes MASSIVE pictures. Almost 2MB in size, but the quality is amazing.

Infamous
      Participant

I use a Canon EOS Rebel T3i, I used to do photography :) Still do a bit.

Usually when I open up the file, it says its 54×36 inches and between 2.5 to 4mb!

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Do you take raw files?
      I have my camera set to compress them to .jpeg.

I wish i had a camera like that haha. i traded a 75$ inkstar tattoo kit for my camera :P

Infamous
      Participant

Its currently set-up to take jpegs but I can change it to take raw if I wanted to

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

thats a nice size for jpegs holy jeez. I def want a better camera when i get the extra cash :3

Infamous
      Participant

It was about 300$ at a pawn shop, and also a Birthday present.

It paid for itself though, just had to shoot one wedding! lol Which is really not something I want to do again.. But, I have another one coming up in (I think) April

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

that’s kewl dude :3
      my ex recentbly bought a Cannon Rebel T3 for 600$ at staples

Lennart82
      Participant

Getting better at breathing slowly? ;)

Looking good for your third one. What needles did you use for this?

Infamous
      Participant

@Ram, it was worth every penny

@Len, Getting better at not shaking like a leaf, being scared I’m going to ruin someones body for life lol, but the breathing helps to I guess ;). I used a 9RL for the lettering and a 5RL on the wire. No shaders because I was trying to go solid black.

What needles would you recommend for color packing, M1? The liner didn’t work that great for it

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

9RS works well for smaller full colour areas
      and a M1 or M2 or RM works well for larger areas of full colour
      never use a liner needle for colouring :P
      its like painting a wall with a toothbrush

Infamous
      Participant

Okay, good to know, so I will use the 9rs on the wire and a M1 on the lettering next time.

Lol and I will never use a liner to color again

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

Good job :P
      Using hte right needle for the job will make your job a lot easier haha

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan