• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

This is my first tattoo ever. It’s about 8×6 and on my calf. It is a work in progress and on myself. She is a zombie. Because I am working on it in stages it gives me the opportunity to get used to how the machines handles and how to blend and use washes. Im finding out that the lighter I am on the skin the more smooth things become. Need to really work on blending. I will not tattoo anyone until I get an apprenticeship. I would hate to do good in this business and then get a magazine write up showing some scratch work I did back in the day.

Did not use a stencil – but here is what I used.

Pulse Machines
      Starbrite colors
      17mag curved bugpin only.

TexasPT

Off to a good start.

Watch this video…it helped me a bit with blending. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qoRvnnEu8w

Viper65

Damn……looks pretty cool to me!!! :D

leopardprints67
      Participant

That’s pretty damned good for a first try. Keep it up! :D

Incredible work, I can’t wait to see your next pieces :)

Thanks for the comments. I’m learning that transparency in the ink can be beneficial for blending. In this particular tat I went solid with almost no blending but enough blending to keep the colors from looking like separate objects. The white in the eyes didn’t stick at all. I’m using Starbrites. Will work on this some more in a month but might start a new one tonight.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan