• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Infamous
      Participant

Its a simple stick figure blue and green gecko

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p160x160/1000875_10151599025539475_904551533_n.jpg

It got better as it went, I was quite nervous. He actually made my stop on the first pass of the first line and that was a bit discouraging. It took some talking to convince him that it would look a lot better if he let me finish.

I did make mistakes, but I plan on finishing this off when I’m a bit better. Fill in my shakey lines, add a background or something. Since its a skeletal structure there’s a lot of room for error…

Edit: Slightly bigger picture
      https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/q71/1000875_10151599025539475_904551533_n.jpg

Tattoo Deshi

I’m no pro but sorry to say you need to stop tattooing people…try melons fake skin any thing other then live flesh.start there and work your way up

angie

Im a novice and i really think you need to get a mentor!!! asap…or buy some fake skin…i dont know where you live but i have 300 practice skins i could sale some to you fome 1$ each plus shipping …..to help ya out

Lennart82
      Participant

I can see that you were very nervous, not just a bit. And I get you, first time doing a tattoo on someone else, you are the sole person responsible for making this right. No wonder you were nervous. And it shows in your lines.
      No one makes a perfect first go, considering all the facts.

I think you should breath slowly, and take it slowly. Go lighter, go slower. Turn the voltage down and pace yourself. You can always go darker, you cannot go lighter.
      Rather grace the skin lightly, then penetrate it deeply. Get a good feel of it.

You will get there, it just dosent come over the weekend. Or in the first year. Dont lose faith, if you really want this, then you just have to work harder. ;)

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

@Lennart82 wrote:

I can see that you were very nervous, not just a bit. And I get you, first time doing a tattoo on someone else, you are the sole person responsible for making this right. No wonder you were nervous. And it shows in your lines.
      No one makes a perfect first go, considering all the facts.

I think you should breath slowly, and take it slowly. Go lighter, go slower. Turn the voltage down and pace yourself. You can always go darker, you cannot go lighter.
      Rather grace the skin lightly, then penetrate it deeply. Get a good feel of it.

You will get there, it just dosent come over the weekend. Or in the first year. Dont lose faith, if you really want this, then you just have to work harder. ;)

+1

Getting good equipment helps a lot too, and proper tuning

it looks like your machine was biting a bit, and you went a bit deep with your tattoo. I can see a few cuts. Keep practicing on fake skin and such before doing another one and youll do great :3

Infamous
      Participant

Thank you Lennart and Ram for the positive encouragement. I haven’t looked at this post in quite a while because the first two posts were very discouraging.

I have done quite a bit of tuning on my machines since this, but what I really need is a good power supply. Also, I have some Kuro Sumi in the mail, I don’t think the mom’s I have is good enough for outlining, as well as something I should have gotten a while ago. BFMT. Should be here on Wednesday.

Also, when I say a bit, I am being heavily sarcastic and sometime I forget forums don’t reflect sarcasm that well. Think of it more as a buttload of nervousness.

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

just take a few deep breaths before you do a line bro n you’ll be fine. practice makes better always remember that.

Kuro Sumi is my go to ink. I love it. I use the Hurricane HP-2 you can probs get one for 60$ online, or if you have the cash get the new HP-3

Pulse has good supplies too but again are expensive

Infamous
      Participant

60$? Sounds like I’ll be getting one of those soon then, with my next paycheck

Infamous
      Participant

I managed to procure an HP2 Power Supply on an Ebay Auction for 33$. Now, I just hope its the real deal. I didn’t see any red flags though, and the description said the brand name was in fact Hurricane

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

I have a review of the powersupply on http://www.tattooradar.com
      you can check out to see if there are any differences in the pictures
      if you want more pics i can take some of my Power supply

i didnt know there were fakes out there until the other day
      my buddy brought a machine over to trade and i was running it at 4V no load. He said he runs it at 6-6.5V at his place with his HP-2 and mine is 2 years old. I assume his is a fake, or just hasnt been taken care of

Infamous
      Participant

Oh I knew there had to be fakes when I was looking at the stuff on amazon and some of them were half the price with 1 star reviews and others cost a boat load of cash with 4-5 star reviews and they’re supposed to be the same thing.

The most common one I saw was a version by Monster Point, which btw, is the brand I have currently and I think it is running way lower than it says it is, nevertheless I’ve tuned my machines to run pretty well on what it says is about 7 volts

Infamous
      Participant

Well, I thought I was bidding on an HP-2, but what I received was an MP-5.

I read that review and it seems to be exactly the same, I’m not sure what the difference is. I’m guessing it is just a newer model. Everything functions exactly the same and looks exactly the same except for in the bottom corner it says MP-5 instead of HP-2.

Oh and it is about a billion times better then my cheap Chinese power supply, which btw smashed into the floor on Sunday and was broken beyond repair (the circuit board got messed up)

Should I be worried that it says MP-5? I haven’t heard anyone talking about them, or have reviews for it. Whatever it is, even if its a knock-off it is vastly superior to my old PS

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

its probably a fake Hurricane chinese thinger
      the newest Hurricane is the HP-3
      there are also other fakes like the CX-3, etc

Infamous
      Participant

I’m having trouble finding a source for the Hurricane Power Supply’s and one I noted said that Hurricane was nothing more than a knockoff of Critical. I looked at Criticals website though and I wasn’t impressed

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan