• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      TyCrawford

tystattoos.blogspot.com

This is my friend Merv and he has agreed to be my first human in fifteen years so i bought some equipment and started going to town. Here is a link to the work I am doing. I am using a pirate face kit with alot of sanitation extra’s like dental bibs and machine and cord covers, gloves, dettol, disposables, etc…..
      On the first piece inside the arm on the bicep i used a 5rl for the outline and a 7m1 for the fill and it worked out great but on the cover up i used a 9rlt for the outlines and a 11m stacked and koki sumi ink all the way through and it seems like i have to shade the ink in until its good and dark and i am afraid of overworking the skin.
      Well on the first piece i had my machine cranked up to 12v and on the other work i had tuned my machines so the sound good around 6v or 7v. maybe I havent tuned my machines to the best of thier capabilities it feels like I dont have enough punch but they sound great.

Viper65

………It looks like youve got gray in that second set of pictures. It looks like you didnt get very good saturation with either of the colors, thats just my opinion. Youve got a few pretty shaky lines on the tribal, personally, and this is just me, a 5rl isnt what i would have used for that outline on the tribal, i probably would have got an 11rl or something of that nature, even a 9 round shader would have probably done the job better. I hate to say it but i think that it also for a tribal “looks” hand drawn on there, some of the curves are not natural and dont flow too well. The last picture you have posted of the tattoo, well, it looks like a huge black blob, I hope it heals well, but i have doubt that youll ever see much detail work in it. I hate to be overly critical, but I think that after 15yrs. of not tattooing anybody you would have wanted to at least practice on something rather than a real person, there is no “fixing” this, either they like it or they dont at this point and your already pretty far into so I hope they are happy.
      On a good note Its nice to hear you doing the right thing with the sanatization and what not.

TyCrawford

I did not do the original work on the shoulder. If that is what you are refering to looking hand drawn and unsaturated. I am doing the cover up and some pieces around it. And yes it does have a bit shaky lines but they are just light outlines and they will be crisp when i fill it in. I do have a question. On the old tattoo it is kinda grey and not very saturated like you say. If I lay bright blue on top of it will it show or just turn a murky color?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan