• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Sabine2602

Hi!

This is my 3rd Tattoo – I tried my first shading and my first blending on this one – still far from perfect but my friend loved it and thats what counts most for me :)

Took me 6 hours, used 5RL and 8RS – too much of a chicken to try mags

Sabine2602

https://picasaweb.google.com/118276725125836060833/Divna#5647489254828968338

Here is a link to my online Album – looks like the picture I uploaded does not open

Viper65

Wow…FOR YOUR THIRD TATTOO THATS REALLY NICE WORK!!!! I dont have enough experience to critique it, its better than i could do right now, ill tell ya that !!! :D

Sabine2602

Thanks alot for the flowers Viper :D

leopardprints67
      Participant

@Sabine2602 wrote:

Hi!

This is my 3rd Tattoo – I tried my first shading and my first blending on this one – still far from perfect but my friend loved it and thats what counts most for me :)

Took me 6 hours, used 5RL and 8RS – too much of a chicken to try mags

Great job for your third. I’m shocked that it IS your third. Most people can’t even come that close with their 10th!

Keep in mind that the true test of how great a tattoo is, is how it heals. If it heals looking like that, you know you nailed it!

Are you currently in a shop? If not, taking that tattoo into a shop would probably boost your chances of an apprenticeship. It’s pretty well executed.
      And try the mags. You can sweep, scrub and cross hatch with those and they’re wonderful for coverage, blending, subtle shading and the such that you can’t get with a round as much.

Keep doing what you’re doing and hang out here. Everyone has been so helpful and kind.

Sabine2602

The person I did this (and there will be lots more to do) for has a pigment problem – he wants me to cover every white spot he has – there is alot to train on in the future. I wanted to get more red into the wings but he didn’t want to continue cause of the pain. He’s a chicken *g*

I’m not in any studio – I have a fulltime job to pay the rent for me and my daughter. Three times a week I’m either drawing or working on my ink skills at night – mostly to help people and give the world a little more color :)

I will watch some videos how to use the mags and try them on the next one wich will be a rose above and another below the bird, again with lots of colors. Tips and hints regarding the mags would be great till then if someone wants to share his/her experiences

TexasPT

Mario Barth video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qoRvnnEu8w

watch this video…great information on blending colors.

leopardprints67
      Participant
      Sabine2602 wrote:
      The person I did this (and there will be lots more to do) for has a pigment problem – he wants me to cover every white spot he has – there is alot to train on in the future. I wanted to get more red into the wings but he didn’t want to continue cause of the pain. He’s a chicken *g*

I’m not in any studio – I have a fulltime job to pay the rent for me and my daughter. Three times a week I’m either drawing or working on my ink skills at night – mostly to help people and give the world a little more color :)

I will watch some videos how to use the mags and try them on the next one wich will be a rose above and another below the bird, again with lots of colors. Tips and hints regarding the mags would be great till then if someone wants to share his/her experiences[/q

That makes 2 of us. Similar situation, just add the severely disabled husband with MS in the mix. It makes working a slave job AND trying to work in a tattoo shop impossible. So I just work on the side tattooing when and if I have any time.

I’ve worked with a guy who had vitiligo before. Same desire. To cover his entire body with tattoos. It does help, but the color is always brighter in the areas that are light.

Keep doing what you’re doing, Sabine. You’re really freaking good and have a chance to do this fulltime if a decent shop opens their damned eyes.

Sabine2602

Sometimes I’m afraid of considering “fulltime”. What I’m doing now mostly is designing images for friends, helping friends covering tattoos and pigment troubles and watching my pictures to wake up and live. I really enjoy to make people happy and to give my 110%.
      What I’m afraid of is to ink copies over copies for people who don’t know how much concentration it is for me and how much heart I’m laying in my pictures. I’m afraid of working fulltime as a copyshop for strangers if that makes sense. I got a bottle of coke as payment for the bird – and a huge smile which is worth 10000times more :)

Viper65

I can relate…and i feel somewhat the same. I dont really want to charge people for Tattoo’s for a few reasons. One I really just enjoy doing the work, if somebody flips me a few bucks for the supplies i am more than satisfied. Two, when I know I am charging for one, I almost get “Stage Freight”? Does that make sense? I feel like now I am more under the gun than if its just a cup of joe for payment…its strange I know. I dont like to feel obligated or to do $100 worth of tattooing….maybe im strange that way. Three, for me, personally, its about the art.
      Maybe someday ill have a change of mind and charge for what i am doing, right now, just having fun, making a few people happy, thats good for now.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan