• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Infamous
      Participant

I’m much more pleased with this one. It’s a Dire Wolf Sigil from Game of Thrones

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/559111_10151603012709475_327283856_n.jpg

Rscotti91
      Participant

You need to do lines in one clean sweep, always make sure your machine is moving forward or from side to side. It looks like your either not doing one pass lines or not stretching the skin taught enough. Maybe even a combination of both. What voltage are you running your machine at to line?

Ouch. YOur line work leaves much to be desired. please get your line work down on paper before ever touching a machine. Not to be harsh, but man you need to learn alot of what a good tattoo is. I strive to learn and perfect everyday. Good luck, work hard and follow your dreams. the key is the work put in and effort to be the best.

Infamous
      Participant

My machine was running at 10v but it didn’t feel like it was giving me all of it. I did use a stencil and the lines I drew were fine, it was the multiple passes that make it look the way it does.

I’m just gonna point out, past melons and oranges and bloodlines this was my second tattoo ever on real skin, so obviously its not going to be fantastic. I’m still working on it.

Rscotti91
      Participant

Oh wow, 10v is very high, especially if you’re new at the trade. I’d suggest learning how to tune your machine better. I tuned my liner so it’s hard-hitting and I only run it at 7.6v I’d suggest not doing multiple passes on the same line UNLESS you let it heal and then do pass over it again. But that’s my opinion, and if you’re going to do multiple passes in one session make sure you can see your needle and hit on the first line you made. If you have great fundamental knowledge of technique and machine tuning it shouldn’t matter if it’s your second on human skin. I’m not saying it should be fantastic but you definitely should have cleaner line work. I’d also suggest getting pig skin and practicing on that, it’s very close to human skin and you’ll be able to get a better understanding of how to line on human skin. Not trying to discourage you just giving advise SHOULD HELP you as long as you do it.
      R.Scotti

Infamous
      Participant

I wouldn’t have gone over more than once but the first pass was extremely light. My guess is that my machine wasn’t tuned even close to properly, and thus wasn’t getting the full 10v. I was looking for some good black ink last night after this and someone made a comment about tuning their machine that was really really helpful. I’ve made some adjustments and it is hitting much harder now.

Your comment has been very helpful, btw, and I really appreciate it. By all means I want to get better and every little thing helps.

Infamous
      Participant

I got to finish this one off today, reworked a little. I think it looks far more better now. I know a few of you on here love black and gray, this was my first attempt at it. What could I do to get better at black and gray?

And sorry about the ointment in the pic, I was rushing after I finished to bandage and get her out because she needed to be at work pretty soon.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan