• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Bravo Boy

So i got this tattoo a week ago. I put a&d on it. kept it oiled. didnt scratch it. didnt touch it. why is the whole tattoo peeling off? I have pictures to show you.
      before http://i46.tinypic.com/8yi3iw.jpg
      after http://i49.tinypic.com/2gujluq.jpg

nytemareh
      Participant

If i had to guess. looking at some of the lines the look very thin and for lack of a better term scratchy. I would say didn’t get ink in deep enough

Bravo Boy

i didnt do this tattoo myself. I went to someone from their home and got this done. So they didnt go deep enough in ink? or could it be my body rejected it? your suppose to keep it moist no matter what right? its never suppose to be dry when its a new tat?

nytemareh
      Participant

If it all falls out then i would say your body rejected the ink. It really looks like it wasnt deep enough to me. It also looks like the skin was overworked as well. You will know more when it heals. And yes keep a small amount of non perfumed lotion on it. Its hard to say from a pic. Go into a shop and say hey i got this tat and pick some place far away what do you think is going on. Dont say a scratcher or anyone else just had it done and what they think is going on.

Bravo Boy

okay thanks. Ill go to a tattoo shop and see what they say about what happened. I have a question. Can I get this redone? and how many times can I get the same tattoo redone over? And when I do get it redone, im definitely going to someone else of course.

nytemareh
      Participant

Just wait for it to completely heal give it 2-3 months maybe a little longer depending if any scaring. You can touch up a tattoo or cover up as much as you want as long as it is fully healed. I have practice tats on my legs i have done several times. The key is is waiting for it to fully heal. Don’t mistake what i am saying though. Doing a good cover up requires a good artist with experience in cover ups.

robroy289
      Participant

My advise is to Get someone else more experienced to redo it! You do not want to keep a tattoo over saturated!! Too much ointment can be just as bad as not enough.. For the first couple of days wash the tattoo about three times with some sort of antibacterial soap and wait for it to air dry then apply a real THIN coat of a&d or aqua4 ointment. Then maybe twice a day from there on!! I hope this helps.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan