• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Newlife
      Infamous
      Participant

Doesn’t look too bad, I can see a few places where you missed your mark on a line that you may have had to do a few more times then you would like. And also, I can tell you’re using a back and forth brush stroke type movement in the tattoo, a better way to color is to go in really small circles.

It looks like you could use some tuning on your machine(s) so you can get that outline done in the first pass, it would help a great deal. There’s a link to a pretty good source somewhere on the forum.. I’ll try and find it, it was pretty recently posted. Maybe a week ago.

Before I get to judgy though, what setup are you using? Machine, Power Supply, voltage, needles, all of it can effect the outcome.

Honestly, I would suggest getting that all ironed out before doing any more on yourself. You can practice on Honeydew melons, oranges, grapefruit, practice skin, or pig skin in the meantime, whatever you like

Newlife

Thanks for your comments, As for setup my machines are 10 coils I have stripped them down and tried to tune them as best as i can and shader 7.5-8.5v depending on what needle. Can`t get to grips with the rotary just yet.

Definitely going to practice more before i do any more on my legs though.

Cheers

Infamous
      Participant

You’re welcome, those voltage settings sound about right to me.

I did find that link I was talking about, it is extremely helpful. Here it is http://www.darkcarnivalink.com/tuning.html

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

there arent really any set voltage settings for machines. it all comes down to the machine and parts themselves. I have a one-of-a-kind Buzz liner that runs at 6.4, a Danny Fowler Flatline that runs at about 7.5 my .22 Rimfire runs at 7.9, and my .357 Magnum runs at 8 even. What you’re looking for is a voltage that doesnt bog down your throw too much, but bogs it down a little. if while running the machine and you touch the A bar your needle doesnt bog down at all and your throw is the same its too high. if the needle goes back into the tube its too low. you want it to bog down a little but not too much. if your voltage is too high youll cut up the skin, if its too low you wont penetrate the skin. practice practice practice

motleystan

looks ok i few holidays but it is hard to tattoo yourself i know :D :D :D :D :D

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan