• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Just finished reading this awesome book and am in need of more reference materials. I am going to attach a couple drawings I have done. Let me know what you think and if you got any advice please feed my brain! lol :ugeek: [attachment=0:2foazurd].facebook_1832321932.jpg[/attachment:2foazurd]

[attachment=0:2uyu99i0].facebook_-1969725407.jpg[/attachment:2uyu99i0] Here is some of my abstract art :)

jtdaltonsr

ur art looks like crap. I wouldn’t tattoo if I was you, looks like a 5 year old drew these. take some art theory classes or something.

LarcDEAR

Definitely research the type of things you want to draw. And I cannot stress this enough….. REFERENCES. Google is your best friend. Also research the giants in the industry and feel free to try and copy their designs for practice. Look for how the set up the composition, colors, shading, etc.

Pretty much, you need to practice and study a whole lot.

Lennart82
      Participant

I actually dont know what to say to this. But…. hmm… you need to draw a bit more, like 1 hour a day. You dont need to draw anything realistic or such. Just doodle along the way. And make those doodles come to life. :ugeek:

Thanks I like the Honesty on this site, almost gives a plus to purchasing the book! To each their own opinion though, I agree that practice makes better which is def. what I am doing. Appreciate your brutal opinions though guys, I will make sure not to post my amateur work on here… well unless I want some kicks and giggles at the responses I get.. Put some in your peace pipe and smoke it to the ones who can’t give a honest opinion without being a diseased vagina. Haha :) 8-)

Lennart and Larc, thanks for your opinions. As I am doing those things now, that is actually some of my older work… I will post some new stuff in the near future! I Appreciate your input!

LarcDEAR

Lookin forward to it man~

The mushrooms and death are the outline of my leg tattoo I am going to have the local tattoo artist put on me, hence the reason it’s not colored cause I am still trying to figure that stuff out. The Dreamy Abstract Space one is just a doodle I had fun with! Yeah I agree its not profesional but I am def. working towards it! I probabaly should have waited and posted some newer material but I got excited cause I finished this book and it had a forum lol. But yeh If you got any work posted on here or any refrences for me, please let me know! I will keep honing my skills otherwise.

Lennart82
      Participant

Post your work along the way. ;)

Love to see your progress.
      And dont sweet it, about posting too soon. If you didnt, then you wouldnt get an oppinion :D

Sweet thanks for being honest, got to love this site for connecting us globally! It says your from Denmark aye :) Meanwhile I am here in the Land of the Wizard of Oz! I tip my hat to you sir and I hope you have a great day! :geek:

Lennart82
      Participant

Yub I’m from Denmark. Its a candystore for good artists, since there are only about 150 studios and 5.5 million people in the country :D (thats a decent ratio)

But again, keep posting your work :D

Spider
      Participant

[attachment=0:3h030r7i]ALPwk4a3.JPG[/attachment:3h030r7i]Believe it or not a good graphics program and a pen tablet as so many numerous advantages when starting to design a tattoo. I have used them for years and even now still prefer them over paper or even paint. This was done using adobe photoshop and charcoal brushes with a pen tablet. I now use a tablet to help with getting outlines and stencils of even the hardest pictures people bring to me to get inked up. I can adjust the layers so that it is exactly like using a light box and and even better part is that I am not going thru paper when I have to erase or realize that it is not going how I want to, just erase the layer and make a new one and start all over or whatever. And as with any medium it takes practice and patience. Rinse and repeat…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan