• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      falconier

Here are a couple ive done on myself….i’ve only been working on tattoos for about a month or so and done a total of 3. The kite I got was off of ebay which is a no no I have some machines coming from Hildbrandt but last night I was looking at the ones iv’e done and really wasnt satisfied with the so I went over the again. I think its the tribal one I just outlined and didnt fill it cause somewere i read that i should just let it heal first then go back in and finish it…any truth to that or is just thier way of doing it? Im still not totally satisfied with it but this is what I got so pointers would be great…thanks in advanced for any pointers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/falconier/null_zps7b97e911.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/falconier/a2acc285-27fa-40bc-99a8-954de9de43fc_zps0c8fac52.jpg

falconier

nobody got anything for me?….or is it the forums are now dead?

jcarmack
      Participant

I’ll give you some constructive advice. First, you need to learn machine tuning and the aspects of lining and shading. Your shading on your tribal didn’t take because of a few factors, i.e., setup of machine, speed, needles used, ink used, etc. I can’t really tell because I wasn’t there to observe. You definitely need to get some pig skin or other mediums to practice on before you start tattooing others. You also need to work on your lining because your lines are all over the place on the one tattoo. Understandably, it looks like you were tattooing yourself but you definitely need some input and experience in that area. Remember to always follow through on a line from start to finish. You’ve got to stretch the skin and have a steady hand. There are a lot of self taught tattoo artists and most will admit that until they got an apprenticeship they were lacking in certain areas of their trade. There’s a lot of good information on Youtube that you can look at that will give you a little more insight but nothing is going to prepare you for the tattoo trade like an apprenticeship. Work on your art and build a portfolio and try to get an apprenticeship.

falconier

thanks for the reply,
      First off let me say this, if i sound arrogant or inconsideration i apologize i dont mean to be.
      I wont get an apprenticiship because we have one shop in my area and they have no interest in anything of the sorts so thats not an option for me…sry

I agree with everything else…i need help and i know it, thats why im looking for help here as one place while searching other places. my lines need help badly. the work i posted was a second go over as im sure you can see…the trible was just the lineing i didnt shade any of it a second time…I have a long way to go and i know this….any help would be greatly appreciated…of course im gonna be searching for more but another thing worthy of saying is, these were done by of a shitty machine bought from…yup you guessed it…ebay.
      I order a couple of machines from hildbrandt and should be here in a couple of days…ty

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan