• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

ok..so i have been having a minor setback lately with my machine. i actually did a piece today
      it seems half the time when i was outlining (8 round) the line would come out thick, other times
      it would have a streaking look to it almost looked like you could actually see the points the each individual needle.
      is this a tuning issue , do i need to adjust my machine? i feel like if i get this fixed ..im good. any help is greatly
      appreciated.

streaking (needle marks) in line work in tattooing…
      there might be a few causes.
      1.) your grouping is too loose – check out what type of needles you are using
      2.) your gauge of needle is too small or thin – check the gauge of needle (try not to outline w/ bugpin, ect)
      3.) You are moving your hand too fast during the lines
      4.) or possibly its the angle you are holding the machine during that part of the line.

Try to remain consistent with your hand speed and angle of the machine.

Getting clean lines when you tattoo – takes practice!
      : )
      Best of luck to you

okay thank you..im teaching myself sooo it tends to get hard when im stuck
      the machine should always be at a 45 degree angle right??
      and would using a plastic grip change anything? ive done about
      10-15 tattoos and ive always used the plastic grip, i dont know
      if this is hurting me at all.

Of the options listed above, I would say it’s most likely to be moving your hand too quickly. If you are able to work quickly and accurately, you might do better with a cutback liner, which will run faster than a regular liner, and be able to ‘keep up’ with the speed which you work at :) I haven’t actually used one myself yet (but plan on doing so soon) but from what I’ve heard, it sounds like one of those might be the tool for you :) And there’s no problem using disposeable grips. I’ve heard that they create more friction on the needle than metal tubes, but I wouldn’t say it is a noticeable difference :)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan