• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      wrathone11
      Participant

OK, so I’ve drawn up a nice side view of a woman sugar skull with a couple of roses and a web behind her and now I’m running into a little problem. This tattoo is for my wife and I’m trying to get the design finished because she wants the tattoo soon. So here’s the problem, everything I’ve drawn to go with it as sort of filler below and around it (this will be a half sleeve and she has small arms, she’s tiny) she doesn’t like. This will be a full color day of the dead style piece and I’ve drawn coffins, candles, black cats, more smaller skulls, flowers a rosary, even a snake. Now it’s not the drawings she doesn’t like she just doesn’t like any of it with the sugar skull that is the main piece. I’m running out of ideas here I only have about a 3″x5″ area to work with for the rest of this piece.

I’m still drawing things, but I’m running into a wall on this one. Anyone with any ideas please let me know.

Thanks for listening

Randy5
      Participant

I know what you mean. I recently told a client to sit down at the drawing table and just draw it herself. But that was a paying client and I wasn’t going to waste my time anymore. Lol. Wives are a different problem. How about olive branches or make the skull warm colors and create a cool colored backround with shading. If the bottom becomes a problem a banner with nice script always creates a clean look.

Viper65

Take a look over at Deviant Art web site…lots of cool shit over there. Just type in what your looking for!

TexasPT

I like candles in a picture like that. you can really make them any color you want, and create a “glow” around the flame or even a “smoke” effect that can create movement.

NOT MY TATTOO WORK OR DESIGN

wrathone11
      Participant

Thanks folks, I’m going to check out deviant and just keep drawing until she likes something. I’ve tried the candle which I thought looked great, but it’s a no go as is any sort of banner. My wife is the pickiest client I’ve ever had, LOL.

TexasPT

It’s the spouse thing. If you tell her the sky is blue she won’t believe it until she hears it from someone else. :)

Just draw something and have someone else hand it to her…it’ll be golden. LOL>

lethe422
      lethe422

4,852 designs (and growing!) in 40 categories
      Print out and bring to your favorite artist
      Combine two or more tattoos into one
      ‘Bookmark’ your favorite designs and get back to them later

http://51c59cpmq6cx9l6tjoaw3qfpbz.hop.clickbank.net/

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan