• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Phil

I’m a 15 years old, I got my first tattoo 1 week ago and it is fantastic. I have always loved art and would like to learn more and educate myself as a tattoo artist. Next year I start high school and then I try to get into the Design and Crafts, but I have very poor grades.

So would be nice if someone told me a little about how it is to work as a tattoo artist, and give me some tips where I should start and what i should learn. I don’t know so much but i’am working on my drawing now.

Work on your drawing –
      go to college. Art school / Graphic design.
      Get a job at a graphic design / airbrush / anything art place…
      work on your art..
      Tattooing is a medium not an art.
      If you are not a good artist – you will not become a good tattoo artist. Just another tracing old school hack who is too afraid to share secrets out of fear that the next young kid will steal your business!
      : )
      Best of luck – hang in there…
      Also – dont get any tattoos that can’t be covered until you are about 30 yrs old…
      you are young – and it might not work out the way you hope!

Also – dont quit your day job when you do start tattooing – until you have a bucket list of clients.

-CR Jordan

leena

1. The first thing you need is raw talent. Someone who can’t draw or color inside the lines isn’t going to be a good candidate for being a tattoo artist.
      2. Then you need to hone your raw talent to develop talent into skill. Skill can come from fine art classes, working with a fellow artist, learning technique from books, or all of the above. On top of that, you need to practice, practice, practice.
      3. Once you’re a competent artist on paper, you’ll need to build a portfolio. A portfolio is a case or binder containing examples of your art, to show your different skills.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just keep on practicing that would help you out or try to join an tattoo design school you will get an very good knowledge about it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan