• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jayboogink

I came across this 100 round shader configuration while looking at a supply site. I am curious what the Hell anyone could use this for. Seems like it would be really easy even for a seasoned pro to do a ton of damage with a needle setup like this. I would like to know also in general what a good use for round shader is? I always hear mag mag mag. Would you only use a round shader when you need a smaller area than a mag can provide or are there other techniques that can be achieved with a round shader but not with a mag?

some people like the way a round shades better than a mag –
      100 round is kind of big – but… to each his own…
      i would think you get same effect if not better w/ 50 mag curved

jayboogink

thanks that’s kinda what I thought too. I feel like you would need a really strong hitting machine to be able to use it too. Would it be harder to run than the large mag or about the same?

@jayboogink wrote:

thanks that’s kinda what I thought too. I feel like you would need a really strong hitting machine to be able to use it too. Would it be harder to run than the large mag or about the same?

Depends what you are trying to achieve. If you are trying to get solid fill (ie tribal) then you pretty much want a harder hitting machine. if you want to blend soft blends – then you can run a 100 rnd loose – with a pretty medium machine.

Depends on the skin of the client – and your goals.

Each machine is different – each artist is different. There are no real “rules” you just have to do what works best for your style and hand speed – as well as the overall thing you are trying to achieve in the tattoo.

Hope that helps!

jayboogink

Thanks canvas!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan