• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Lately my shading machine has been a right ol’ pain in the ass! Okay,so as I’m shading the needle will start to…kind of fall out…. Like the tube and grip will start to slip up no matter how much I tighten the tube clamp, causing the needle to stick out a lot more and become next to useless. :/ I’ve never had this problem before, so if anyone has any tips it’d be greatly appreciated. :) thanks guys!

Sounds like your vise.
      Are you using disposable tubes?
      What kind of machine do you have?

Did you pick up a copy of the Basic Fundamentals of Modern tattoo – text book?

tat2theEarth

I’ve had that happen to me once when I first set my machine up. It ended up that I just had my give too far down so that the vise only grabbed the get end of it.. took it up flush with the hole, and brought my tip down a little to compensate for needle depth. My tubes and tips are in separate pieces, if yours is one solid piece, pick up the separate ones and try that

wrathone11
      Participant

Yeah, sounds like your tube vise to me. It’s an easy fix if you have a little experience with a hack saw. I’ve had to replace tube vises on several machines and replaced them for friends too. I used to just order a replacement tube vise, take apart the offending machine, mark the metal right behind the offensive tube vise with a straight line, then take the hacks saw and cut that sucker off, take some fine metal files and finishing sand paper and clean up the cut, clean the machine well and reassemble with the replacement vise. I make my own replacement tube vises now, but that’s only because I also make machines now. Making your own is easy if you’ve got the tools and little metal working experience, but honestly it’s easier to just order one.

Here’s a link to find a replacement tube vise
      http://www.spaulding-rogers.com/tattoo-supplies/tattoo/RQCBB.html

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan