• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Viper65

Interesting topic…I myself wonder sometimes what needle to go for when doing shading or coloring on a piece. I can pretty much pick a good needle for an outline depending on the size of the piece im working but i have to admit sometimes I just hit the dark when it comes to selection after that for color and shading. There are a ton of different size and shapes to choose from and picking which one will get the job done the best can be quite daunting. You have your round shaders, flats, mag, double stacked mags, curved mags, so on and so forth.
      I recently watched a Mario Barth video ( yawn), and I beleive he did all of the color and shading with a 15 curved mag…thats a big honknig needle, used correctly obviously yeilds nice results. Personally, i use small mags such as a 7 or 9, but i need to up my game and see how the larger groupings work. I think we all get comfortable using certain needle groups and just adapt…
      any opininons??????

new tattoo artists should use 7 round tight for lining , 5 round tight for lining
      14 round lose for color
      and 7 mag woven for shading
      My suggestion

Viper65

that seems very reasonable…… ;)

TexasPT

why not smaller rounds for lining? Just curious.

I just bought some 14r shaders…can’t wait to give them a go. I’ve been using 7 and 9s a lot lately and even a 5 on some tight spots.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan