• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      NawtyNord

I am just starting out. I have worked in the medical field in the military for 8 years and the sanitation side of tattoo is a no brainer for me to understand. All the books I have read talk about being sterile and machine setup (I have read a lot of them) they all say the same thing. I really haven’t seen any type of basic theory concerning needle movements like …

*Shading with a magnum

*Optimal angle of needle penetration for maximum color saturation (Coloring and Lining)

*Shading with a flat, whip shading…..ect.

this list could go on and on……

I get the concept that the needles are like a paint brush or markers and one should be able to use a little creativity to figure out how everything works….. It just helps to get a push in the right direction. I would hate to make mistakes on myself that could have been easily avoided with some mentoring.

Welcome,
      *Shading with a magnum: depends on if you are shading or filling solid – you can scrub, whip shade, or pack
      Literally use it the way you would paint!

*Optimal angle of needle penetration for maximum color saturation (Coloring and Lining)
      I would say 30-45 degrees

*Shading with a flat, whip shading…..ect.
      Start off a little harder w/ pressure and lift off toward the end

In tattooing these things are really hard to articulate – you almost have to watch the person you are mentoring under – and have them watch you – then give you feedback.

Hope I could help a little.
      If you have more questions email me directly – be sure to include your book’s serial number: charles @ TeachMeToTattoo.com

I will try to answer emails once a day, as I am in Afghanistan right now!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan