• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Derek601

Ok, so i set up a machine for solid fill/colour pack. its a cheaper frame but i replaced the coil with eikon, went with their heavier a bar, and 16 springs front and rear for now. still experimenting. also im still finding that sweet spot between speed of the machine and my hand. improving though. ok. so the first time it happened, i was using an 11 mag2 and i noticed the needle was going from one side of the tube to the other. this was my first real attempt at packing in color, ive done some black fill and shadding but not a big solid piece. any who after that i was using a 7 flat i believe and dont recall noticing it then, but again today i was using an 11m2 again and i was doing a large black fill and noticed it happening consistantly. i messed around with pressure, rubberbands and speed. any ideas?

Shaggy

Are you using an 11 tip with your 11 m2? I’m guessing you are… M2’s are grouped tighter and therefore you have to drop down in tip size to eliminate the side to side wiggle. If you compare a standard 11 mag with an M2 you will see the M2 is much narrower. That is why you didn’t see it with your flat needle, cause it actually fit the tube properly. Depending on the make of your needle you should be using a 9 tube, and possibly even a 7. There should be no room in your tip to allow the needle to move anyway except up and down the tube.

Derek601

haha. man you nailed it. im a dumbass. i got home after work and was sitting on the couch and it hit me like a ton of bricks. pulled everything out and boom there was my problem. rookies. lol.

Shaggy

No worries… glad to help!

Just a suggestion… you should be sticking with M1 mags anyway, M2’s serve their purpose as do curved, but just starting out you should be more focused on sinking ink and getting it to stay in the skin nice, smooth and saturated. Don’t assume an M2 is going to saturate just better because the needles are tighter, it is just the opposite… an M1 will saturate better because the needles are further apart and therefore delivering more ink. Turn down your voltage, slow your hand, and move in an overlapping circular motion and you will have nice color saturation using an M1 without turning the skin to hamburger. Worry about M2’s and curved mags and the effects they can produce after you have mastered saturation with an M1.

Derek601

thanks man. i appreciate the tips. i have recently switched to flats. im about half way done with pretty big chest piece on a buddy. ill post some pics. but its pretty much solid black and red. used a flat on the whole thing so far. seems to be working fine. just having a little trouble getting that flat right up against the outline. but i know its just practice and knowing where your needle is.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan