• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      carenzluck

I am a 30 something :p female wanting to be a great tattoo artist. I can freehand draw like no tomorrow. I would love to get an apprenticeship so I can learn everything! I have been to the tattoo studios around my town with my portfolio of drawings. I just don’t understand how not one tattoo artist would be willing to take me under their wing :( So, I ordered a kit, read my book and I am trying to learn as much as possible on my own. I have dreamt of owning my own tattoo studio for a long time. So, hello everyone! If anyone has any advice, feel free to let me know! Thanks, from Florida!

giliegil

start on fruits then pig skin or fake skin then do urself 1st – maybe even get 1 by a pro and study what’s goin on – ask as much as the pro will answer then do urself 1st – then line up the guineapigs! :lol: – just make sure u have the sanitary boundaries in check – and ask some more as u go along – good luck! 8-)

Johnny

Hahaha I have never heard of a chick tattooing herself… Not trying to knock anyone that has or is self-teaching themselves to tattoo, but getting an apprenticeship at a shop is the way to go. Being a female only likens your chances of getting one. I mean who doesn’t want to play grab ass with the person that is scrubbing your tubes??? Not only will you learn faster, but you will make less mistakes under the watchfull eye of a professional. Don’t ever agree to pay for an apprenticeship. An apprenticeship works both ways. The artist that is teaching you, is also getting tons of free labor. Usually the first things you will learn to do is all the shit your mentor doesn’t want to. And then… Well.. You will likely keep doing those things around small bits of learning. Sounds fair right? It is. Paying cash for it IS NOT. Either route you go, good luck to you.

carenzluck

Thanks for the advice. I will try both routes and see what will happen!

perack

Well hello there! I am new to the forum though have been lurking around for quite a bit already. Things have been working really well and though tattoos are one of those things like cancers, they are the great type to have around.

I likely consider them as such because once you get one, the general instinct is to get more and lots more of it actually which may be something that does not suit well with a lot of people.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan