• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dpelt73

Hi everyone,

Just got the starter kit from pirate face tattoo a few days ago. I got myself lots of practice skin. I read that book that comes with it in about a day and a half.

some of my background:
      I did a lot of graphic design and computer type art in high school. I did almost all of the photoshop and adobe illustrator stuff for my schools yearbook as well as design most of the car show flyers at my school.

joining the army and deploying have not given me much time for art and even though i still love sketching, i really need to get back into the art state of mind.

I’m currently a bmw certified motorcycle technician, and going through the honda certification now, then it’ll be kawasaki. I don’t plan on working at a dealership long and will probably be working for myself. which will give me a good amount of time to put towards tattooing.

in the past couple days i’ve done some stuff on the practice skin, which was really weird at first. I took apart all four of the cheap machines from the kit and have a decent machine set up for lining. I set up another to try for more shading but it really doesnt cut it. I’ve been doing tons of reading and trying to do what i can with what i have for now before putting more money into coils and springs etc.

I’ll try the honey dew melon, ive seen that suggestion quite a bit on here. I did my first on skin tattoo tonight on my leg above my knee. Just did a smiley face, and even though i can line just fine on practice skin, my lines are wavy and horrible on my leg. I don’t know if its just because It was my first skin tattoo and it was on myself and I was nervous or what.

Anyways sorry for the long intro. As I practice more and learn more about the art I’ll be asking more questions.

Just reading through all the posts on the site makes me already feel good about this forum. Lots of positive and constructive criticism.

antera

welcome…we’re both in the same boat…look forward to seeing more posts

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

welcome!
      good to see you’re doing research
      i dnt trust practice skin perosnally ive never used it
      its nothing like real skin
      do like you said and get some honeydew
      but still their compare to real skin
      they dont twitch, move, or bitch and moan so its hard to get a nice comparison
      keep up the research, and if oy uhave any questions feel free to ask
      also dont be shy to post pics and stuff :)

as far as the kit goes i would use it for practice sure, but before moving to skin you should REALLY invest in some quality equipment. youll really notice a difference.

gl with your motorcycle certification!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan