• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lennart82
      Participant

Greetings everyone.

I am here to learn. My story is a bit complicated, but I think you need to hear me out before I start doing anything.

I am from a country called Denmark. And in Denmark, there is only 2 laws, when concerning tattooing. It stats; You cannot tattoo in the face or hands. And you cannot tattoo a person under the age of 18.
      THATS IT.

Every body can call themselves a tattoo artist, if they just have the equiptment. And for this, there are ALOT OF REALLY BAD tattoing being done in Denmark, especially those who does it from their kicthen, with smokes and their big dog. And their skills, well, lets just say a scracth knee would look better.

There are 2 known tattoo lauges in Denmark, both dictating that they are the real and better one. But no one really knows, since the gorvenment doesent want anything with tattooing on their hands (The reason for the dansih tattoo law, was to prevent a former king from tattooing his face and hands, or so the story goes)

Now, that you have this, on to who I am.

I am a portrait artist, mainly using charcoal. And I’m not complaining, and getting a bit extra each month. :D One day, I was contactet by a local known tattoo artist (she is a member of the Danish Tattooing Lauge) She wanted to learn how to do portraits, since there is perhaps only 5 or so danse that actually can do this. And in return, she would introduce me to the world of tattooing.
      I couldnt teach her anything, she was a hmmm slow learne, or she didnt want to. So she came up with a new deal, that she would bring me in and I would work for her.
      She placed me in a chair, gave me a machine, and placed a practise skin infront of me, and then she told me to try it out. I made a couple of lines, and got bored vert quickly. Then she made a stencil of a skull, with roses and some tribal. A pretty advance tattoo for my first try, but hey, here goes. And I did it, and was quite pleased, so were she. So much in fact, that she told me, the next project was on skin….. My skin…. Okey…. I didnt think I was ready for that. But okey then.
      I came up with a simple design, but that wasent “hard enough” as she put, so I placed a lot of details. But she still wasent satisfied. But I was, and it would go on me. So I did the tattoo on my lower leg. (which turn out to be the best tattoo on my body)
      She was again very impressed. And told me to find a test subject. One of my friends donated his back, we were to make a moon. Again, she told me it was way too easy, and that we should pick up a new one from her books. And my body, wanted a tree. And we found a tree. What were to be a simple moon on his shoulder, turned out to be a detailed tree on his upper back. And he was very pleased. But then she started to change, not saying if she were impressed or anything. But my friend loved it, and still does.
      Then it went on, to the next project, a portrait on practise skin. The end result was pretty good, when it were the fifth time ever I had a machine in hand.
      A couple of days later she called me, and wanted to show a contract. Okey I thought. The contract stated, that I were not to open an independent shop in a radius of 50 km of my home town. And that wasent going to happen. I felt she was starting to get afraid, I dont know.
      And then the deal ended, she was afraid I was going to steal all her klients and close her business. (now in my town there are about 45 tattoo people, 4 of them I would call artists)

And thats my story, She opend a world I never knew I wanted to be in, but I do. I’m thinking of it all the time. For the feeling of things, I placed my charcoal pencils in a tattoo machine, and draw portraits. I roam the internett looking for guides and such. I cannot let this go for me. As I said, she opend a door, and now shes trying to close it on me. And I woundt let that happen.

So what to do now?
      Now, finding a new mentor, proved to be more difficult than first thoughtm no one want a potential new competition, and no one wants to teach anything to newbies as my self. So this is a no go in Denmark. I have to have bikergang connection to get an apprenticesment (or whats it called)

Or I could just teach myself, heck she didnt teach me anything, just gave me machine in hand, so why not.
      Thats why I’m here, to learn.

Damn that turn out a bit longer then first intended, sorry for that.

Regards Lennart
      Denmark

Jester
      Participant

Welcome to the family.

Lennart82
      Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan