• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ic3qu33n

Heres some tattoos I did on my brother while he was visiting for Thanksgiving,

First, on his hand he had a nasty looking jailhouse inked tattoo (wont mention what he did!! cuz i was uggh about it). I covered it with a Black and Red Nautical Star. I used Starbrite Liner Black, a brand I tested out from Florida called Color Lock (been testing out there products pretty OK for mild shading) Black Night, and Starbrite Inks Scarlett Red. Outlined using a 7RTL, shaded with a 7RS. My new Hildbrandt Exectioner liner motor started to go, so I had to make the voltage a little higher.

The second one he wanted on his upper arm to cover a scar. It was a dragon he picked out. This is my first dragon tattoo ever! I used Starbrite Liner Black. Outlined with a 7RTL as well, I think I should of used a 9RTL perhaps but I wanted to sculpt my lines… Well that idea didn’t work out… My new rotary motor got stuck on low! Even when cranked up to 13v I had to make 2-3 passes per line. I couldn’t get out my coils because they were simply too loud at 4am when other people were trying to sleep so I did my best to get the outline done so I wouldnt lose my design! The outline took me so long I didn’t have time to do the shading before he had to leave.

Oh and BTW first time using a Rotary on someone other than myself (Tested it out on myself and did a practice skin run beforehand)

ic3qu33n

Heres the dragon tattoo; sorry posted the wrong one… haha the other one i had posted was a baby dragon i was looking to do for my nana lol

Jester
      Participant

I’ve heard that stars are a real bitch,
      because they’re all straight lines.
      Looks pretty good 8-)

ic3qu33n

they can be a bitch, especially when your liner is starting to go! i really dont like them but they seem to be popular…

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

yeah im not big on stars either XD
      especially bevelled/nautical stars
      they are so mainstream these days

i really like the dragon design!
      turned out pretty good under the circumstances
      its doing it’s job well even unfinished
      i cant see a scar anywhere haha

ic3qu33n

thanks, im going to go over it with a 9RL when he visits again to help make the lines more solid…… the scar is over mostly the sword, and some of the back spines….

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan