• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ak1000

hey all new to the forum, new to the game. I have been tattooing about a year now and have been working out of my home. Basically what im looking for is any advise for getting more tattoo work out of my city. I had some business cards printed up and have been kinda giving them out to peeps i encounter w/ tattoos and to friends and co-workers. last month i got to do 5 tattoos and i need to get more……any suggestions/advise would be great. I have a day job so basically doing an apprenticeship is kind of out of the question….HELP please

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

welcome….what are your reasons for tattooing? why are you trying to get into the game?

ak1000

my main reasons are:

i love art especially body art
      i love putting peoples imagination onto their body
      i love the complexness of tattooing,(it differing from drawing)

i want to get into the game because i love to work for myself
      and its a natural change because i was previously into metal
      fabrication and engraving with a childhood of graffiti…

Troub1edSou1z
      Participant

your Approved….lol really the only way to get noticed is to do an apprenticeship. i know alot say there’s no chance for it where there at blah, blah blah. if your going to go at this alone, learn everything you can about the art, the tools, and most important the safety of your clients and yourself. when you think you’ve learned enough, learn some more. don’t ever think you’ve mastered tattooing, because you can’t. it’s a never ending change of style and technique. i have been doing this for 6 yrs, and im still not as busy as i would like to be. i started off with maybe 1 tattoo every 2-3 months. i was begging people to sit in my chair. i gave out alot of free tattoos, just to be able to do it. it’s all “word of mouth”, more important, it’s your work that brings you work, your location, cleanliness, and ambition. like i said 6 yrs later and i’m pulling on avg about 1-3 tattoos a weekend. now don’t get me wrong there are sometimes where i go a month or 2 without any. those are the times when i learn more, and draw as much as i can. even if its just tracing outlines………

so basically you have to be determined, and be good to get good, then you’ll START to get noticed.
      Happy Journey’s

ak1000

thanks for that reply man, that’s pretty much the track im on, when im not tattooing im drawing and drawing and drawing, i give out my share of free tat’s, like u said “Just to do it”. besides an apprenticeship where do u get your learning material? i have an apprentice book but it doesnt cover much, everytime i look online all i find is usually a similar book to the one i already have. I want to learn as much as i can just havnt found the right outlet yet….

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘So Introduce Yourself!’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan