• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      avie11
      cjmahone66

is the feather a design from a recent TV show? it looks familiar.
      how long have you been tattooing, what’s your background?

overall i think most of these are pretty decent. looks like there could be some lining issues in the rabbit, but otherwise most of the color fill looks decent. these look like fresh pics though, pics after they heal will show us how your color is doing.

giliegil

good stuff! 8-)

avie11

ive apprenticed for 6 months and due to financial problems i had to stop. im basically self taught. i watch and read alot. been tattooing for a year n half. feather is not from a tv show. im trying to continue my apprenticeship but finding a shop and with me living on my own and trying to pay the bills is hard. ill get some healed pics up soon :D

Johnny

Your work looks good. Better than most people on here. I agree with the lining but its only in some spots so I’m assuming ur having trouble pulling/pushins lines in a certain position. Sometimes when a line looks tricky or you have to get in a funky position you end up pushing or pulling with your elbow, or atleast I’ve had that problem. Some of your black looks blotchy too. Color looks great

Johnny

Oh and that hula chick looks super buff… Fukkin scary buff like that guitar thing weighs a lot and she’s been reppin it.. I know what its called I just don’t know how to spell it hahaha

avie11

ya some lines are just harder to put in because of position. but i guess it comes with time and practice. im currently looking for a shop to continue my apprenticeship and i dont know whether i should put in some tattoo work in my portfolio. ive read here that its not good to include it in.

satans_glory

@avie11 wrote:

ya some lines are just harder to put in because of position. but i guess it comes with time and practice. im currently looking for a shop to continue my apprenticeship and i dont know whether i should put in some tattoo work in my portfolio. ive read here that its not good to include it in.

I’d say that what works in your portfolio definitely depends on the shop you’re applying to. I know some shops that want someone that they can mold to their own shop standards, so not having previous experience tattooing/bad habits can be a good thing to them….buuut, I know more shops that would rather see that you are a serious artist and serious about your craft, therefore having a broad range of pieces in different mediums (everything from paint, ink, graphite to full tattoos) that showcase your technique with lining, shading etc as well as your natural talent will benefit you greatly in the long run.

avie11

thanks finally got into a shop. learning alot and also leaning towards realism now. used charcoal for the first time and now im addicted

avie11

second piece i did. distorted marilyn

giliegil

sik dude – bigger pic please – but sik! 8-)

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan