• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      madnation

Hello guys, I got two coil machines. Gold one is liner, bronze one is shader. Have practice skins, did some job on it but problems I got is my ink doesnt get into that skin. I got pig skin, thought that rubber practice skin is shit, but cant get ink into pig skin either. Heres first practice on practice skin, I needed to go over and over to make that black ink go in a bit. I attached pictures of machines too. I think theres something to do with setting it up. Prob missed something in videos. Could you be nice and help me please? Thank you

well I asked couple tattoo artists for apprenticeship, but they refused. Surely I’ll keep asking other artists.

P.S. Ink I am using is Kashoku. All my stuff I got from killer ink store.

Update
      P.P.S. I tried to set up machine by some advice on youtube. Attached pictures of machines and small job I did half an hour ago on pig skin. I used RL5 and RS5. Outline is so narrow, bigger lining needles would be better for that? What your thoughts?

P.S. Ink I am using is Kashoku. All my stuff I got from killer ink store.

Lennart82
      Participant

Well, welcome to the forum. :D

First things first, the butterfly you did on the practise skin look okey.
      And secondly, practise skin sucks… In a big way.

Normally if the ink dosent go in SKIN, its usually becourse there isent a good stretch. This you cannot do on a practise skin. So my first thought would be, either your go to fast with your hand. Try making different lines, instead of doing an actual tattoo design.
      I know it can be hard to resist getting n there and making insane tattoos. But you want your line work to be perfect. If your line work isent perfect, well, then your final result woundt be perfect.

Take the practise skin, and really practise, doing lines, setting the voltage, all those things. Do curved lines, strait lines etc. See which setting suits you best.

NOW… Bad news time… Kashoku….. NO GO… Its a knock of in plain sight. Using similar logos as Kuro Sumi, living on looking like a good brand. DON’T use it on real skin… The result will shock you. Its okey on practis skin.
      And… Killer Ink…… I dont know what to say……… Except…. Find another supplier. Its not that I complete hate that site, but I havent heard or seen anything good coming out of that place.
      AND the major danger sign, is; When a tattoo supply company sells Gold Tattoo Certificated License to hang on your wall.. You should turn around. (Last I checked, I could get a Gold plate licens for both piercing and tattooing.. )
      The only positive I can say about that site, is that they do infact have an agreement with Intenze Ink. And they dont give a dealership to just everyone….

Its entirely up to you. BUT dont use Kashoku on real skin. I dont know whats in it, but their black leaves a fine silver glow to the finished product.

This is Kashoku’s website:
      http://kashokuink.com/
      Approved my a.. Killer INK is the only company, that sells this stuff in abundance… If you cant find a clear statement, on whats in it OR a decent website. Hesitate… :D

madnation

Hello, thanks for this nice answer!! Well I understood about the ink, could you recommend me some other one from UK/Ireland shops? What needle ismost used for lining, i tried RL3 and it was so narrow, took RL5 and its bit bigger, but theres no bigger needles in my kit.

I found practice skin … shit!! Got pig skin, some difference.

@Lennart82 wrote:

First things first, the butterfly you did on the practise skin look okey.
      And secondly, practise skin sucks… In a big way.

Normally if the ink dosent go in SKIN, its usually becourse there isent a good stretch. This you cannot do on a practise skin. So my first thought would be, either your go to fast with your hand. Try making different lines, instead of doing an actual tattoo design.
      I know it can be hard to resist getting n there and making insane tattoos. But you want your line work to be perfect. If your line work isent perfect, well, then your final result woundt be perfect.

Take the practise skin, and really practise, doing lines, setting the voltage, all those things. Do curved lines, strait lines etc. See which setting suits you best.

NOW… Bad news time… Kashoku….. NO GO… Its a knock of in plain sight. Using similar logos as Kuro Sumi, living on looking like a good brand. DON’T use it on real skin… The result will shock you. Its okey on practis skin.
      And… Killer Ink…… I dont know what to say……… Except…. Find another supplier. Its not that I complete hate that site, but I havent heard or seen anything good coming out of that place.
      AND the major danger sign, is; When a tattoo supply company sells Gold Tattoo Certificated License to hang on your wall.. You should turn around. (Last I checked, I could get a Gold plate licens for both piercing and tattooing.. )
      The only positive I can say about that site, is that they do infact have an agreement with Intenze Ink. And they dont give a dealership to just everyone….

Its entirely up to you. BUT dont use Kashoku on real skin. I dont know whats in it, but their black leaves a fine silver glow to the finished product.

madnation

Another question.. Now im working on pig skin. How deep I should put my needle? My needle is slightly out of the tip. Very slightly.
      @Lennart82 wrote:

Lennart82
      Participant

I found 3 suppliers in that area

http://www.powerlinesupplies.co.uk/
      http://www.tattookit.co.uk/
      http://www.globaltattoosupplies.com/

Look for suppliers that has dealership with the big brands. They are usually more reliable.
      As for inks??? For my blacks I use Kuro Sumi. Both lining, colouring, shading and wash. I find it a nice versatile colour of black.
      For The colours, I use Starbrite and Eternal.. But I havent tried all the brands, so cant say which one is my favorite. And thats just it, everybody has their own go to brand.

An RL3….. ???? Thats for nosehair… Nah to big. Its used for those fine baby hair on a womans arm… Nah kidding. I never use needles smaller then a RL5, if anything go bigger.

The smaller the needle to less it takes to wobble out. Even your breathing can be seen in such small lines.
      If I were to use a RL3, it would be used for eyelashes on a portrait.

Then I assume you bought yourself a kit. Whats the price you payed?

Lennart82
      Participant

@madnation wrote:

Another question.. Now im working on pig skin. How deep I should put my needle? My needle is slightly out of the tip. Very slightly.
      @Lennart82 wrote:

Now thats a tuff one… How deep??? Going past the epidermis into the dermis, and not going deeper. aprox 1 mm.
      Is it slightly out, when the machine is turned of? Try looking at it again, when its on… See the difference??

madnation

I got this kit LINK and all other hygiene stuff. Heres the pictures of how long needle is out in both positions.

@Lennart82 wrote:

@madnation wrote:

@Lennart82 wrote:

Now thats a tuff one… How deep??? Going past the epidermis into the dermis, and not going deeper. aprox 1 mm.
      Is it slightly out, when the machine is turned of? Try looking at it again, when its on… See the difference??

Lennart82
      Participant

Thats when you press the needle down, right??
      When you start it, you will see it goes a bit further.

There are two ways you can go, both with their own pros, and cons.

First, Ride the tube. This is when you press it out, you will have a short needle, about that ov 1 to 1.5 mm.
      Pro; You will have a hard time doing blowouts (which you will learn to hate yourself for doing, once you go on skin)
      Con; Were your needle go, will be difficult to see.

Second, Tip of the needle, this is were you have a long needle (I do this)
      Pro; you can see the needle, were you go, and you can have different depth.
      Con; blowouts are easy to do, as you can go too deep. Also, it takes a lot to focus on how your needle works. And a lot of rutine, not to go too deep.

And if you dont know what a blowout is….
      A blowout; You come in from a wrong angel/ or go in to deep, on you blow ink in under the skin, givin it a blueish shade around your design.
      Its embarrasing doing a blowout. But it happens, even to the top notch artist. You dont speak of it. You hide it. You work on it, to hide it on the skin. Shhhccccc dont say, and dont show. :P

Lennart82
      Participant

Oh, just checked that kit of yours.

When it comes to real tattooing…. On skin. Get your hand on disposable grips. If you dont have an autoclave never use the metal grips. ;)
      This is good costumers service. Let them see you peel out a shiny new, STERIL grip. ;)

And one last tip of the day.
      That ink cap holder… Get rid of it. You dont need it.
      Use some ointment to get your caps to stick to the workspace. And line them up in a row.
      (Why get rid of it??? Well you can keep it, just dont ever, never let the needle grace that holder… Never. Then you need an autoclaver. An there it to much cleaning afterwords. Get rid of it, and then you can easelly get rid of your used ink caps.):D

madnation

Thank you so much for all the advice and help! I got some sticky deodorant, want to transfer some design on pigs skin and do some work, will upload it here. Where could I see your works please?

@Lennart82 wrote:

Oh, just checked that kit of yours.

When it comes to real tattooing…. On skin. Get your hand on disposable grips. If you dont have an autoclave never use the metal grips. ;)
      This is good costumers service. Let them see you peel out a shiny new, STERIL grip. ;)

And one last tip of the day.
      That ink cap holder… Get rid of it. You dont need it.
      Use some ointment to get your caps to stick to the workspace. And line them up in a row.
      (Why get rid of it??? Well you can keep it, just dont ever, never let the needle grace that holder… Never. Then you need an autoclaver. An there it to much cleaning afterwords. Get rid of it, and then you can easelly get rid of your used ink caps.):D

Lennart82
      Participant

No prob. Were are all here to help :D

And dont use a deodorant on real skin :P Use detol, it smells alot better (Nahh kidding) You can get a lot of different stencil stuff. Find your own, and this is a thing I cant say which works best. I can use Detol with ease, some cant. Now I’m just using Stencil Stuff. ;)

Ohh my work… I’m still a newbie mind you.
      But if you care to read this heavy topic, then by all means :D

Tattoos
      viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3847

Drawings
      viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3968

madnation

Hi there, Im tried to transfer my design on pigs skin with stencil stuff, but it doesnt transfer well, looks ugly and kinda fades out. What could you recommend for transfering design with carbon paper on pig skin?
      @Lennart82 wrote:

No prob. Were are all here to help :D

And dont use a deodorant on real skin :P Use detol, it smells alot better (Nahh kidding) You can get a lot of different stencil stuff. Find your own, and this is a thing I cant say which works best. I can use Detol with ease, some cant. Now I’m just using Stencil Stuff. ;)

Ohh my work… I’m still a newbie mind you.
      But if you care to read this heavy topic, then by all means :D

Tattoos
      viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3847

Drawings
      viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3968

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan