• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      satans_glory

http://www.thecraftyconcubine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/018.jpg

The bomb is a little older (4th tattoo maybe), just went over the outline. The swallow was done freehand and upside down (8th tattoo ever) as I did it on my thigh so you see it as it is in the pic when Im standing. The colour and shading will follow!

destructo

your lines are fairly straight and solid. It looks like you may have dug a lil bit but your new and thats to be expected. I wana see this colored in

cjmahone66

what type of needles and ink? how long did it take you?

it looks like you used a smaller needle grouping and sculpted the lines. this is ok for some styles, but for something traditional like this i would use a thicker needle grouping and try to do each line with one solid pass. i know that is easier said than done, but it is what will make your work stand out among the crowds of scratchers.
      in addition, larger needle groupings are usually easier to control for most.

please post finished pic in the same thread when done. can’t wait to see the coloring. not that bad really.

Blake

not bad lines look pretty clean

satans_glory

@cjmahone66 wrote:

what type of needles and ink? how long did it take you?

it looks like you used a smaller needle grouping and sculpted the lines. this is ok for some styles, but for something traditional like this i would use a thicker needle grouping and try to do each line with one solid pass. i know that is easier said than done, but it is what will make your work stand out among the crowds of scratchers.
      in addition, larger needle groupings are usually easier to control for most.

please post finished pic in the same thread when done. can’t wait to see the coloring. not that bad really.

You’re right on the money! Up until this one, I had only ever used a single needle on everything Id done, This was done with a 3round and I did definitely sculpt the lines. I was a little nervous with the first couple strokes and thus had to get into the groove being able to do my usual confident straight lines (last time before this that I picked up a machine was probably a year and a half ago). I have a ton of needles in various thickness and plan to experiment with them all to see what feels right and what kind of response I get from them when touching skin…but from the end result of this one…you’re right, thicker woulda been easier.

Ive been a little busy with some other forms of work lately, but Ill definitely post the finished product in this thread as soon as its done!

Thanks for the comments guys!

satans_glory

Oh, it took me about an hour as well I’d say…maybe an hour and a half, likely due to having to sculpt my lines. That will be the other key thing to learn over time…quality, but with speed. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan