• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      natasunholy

Hey everybody,
      I’m new to the site and new to tattooing. I’m not looking to become a pro or tattooing on anyone other then myself. So I really don’t want to waste anyone’s time trying to get an apprenticeship. I got a few bad tattoo’s when i was younger ,and since I’m fairly good at drawing bought a kit off the net to try and fix and finish them up so they aren’t AS bad. I know i probably didn’t get the best equipment out there but I’m hoping with your guys feed back I can get it to do the job. I would like to know what i need to do to set these machines up one for lining and one for filling in. The machine came in a kit 2 coil machines and 1 rotary machine they are all valsturd. the power supply is also valsturd. I will try to post with a picture of each.

natasunholy

Heres machine 1. I believe this is supposed to be the shader.

natasunholy

Heres machine 2. The liner.

TexasPT

On machines like that simply set the contact screw at a dime for your liner and a nickle for your shader. That’s the best place to start if you don’t understand how they work. Your best bet is to learn how they work and get a basic understanding of the mechanics and how they affect the way a machine behaves.

http://home.centurytel.net/dhagen/tattoo%20info/Tuning_Guide.pdf

natasunholy

I have the book that came with the kit so i am a little knowledgable about some of it. Mainly i was wondering if the angle of the contact screw was right and spacing between coils and armature bar. Recently i tried to fill in a piece on my leg ,and for the most part the lines went in good a little dotty in some areas ,but stayed in. I tried to add in some color and it looked decent untill i wipe it off and barely any of the actual color stayed. So i was wondering if this is a machine, ink, or technique problem. Or possibly a mixture or all three. For the black i use Intenze and it seems to do fairly well. For the color it was some crappy brand that just says classical tattoo. Also there seems to be alot of spark that comes off the contact screw even at regular voltage. Any and all tips or suggestions would be helpful. Thanx

destructo

the best advice i could give you in a nutshell is to get them tuned in at a dime and a nickel, then hold it up in front of a tv or monitor and watch the armature bar. now fine tune your screw until the armature bar starts to flutter like butterfly wings. Thats what i was taught and it seems to work great on most machines. Im not saying it will work on all, but if your machine is capable of achieving something near a usable duty cycle, that is it…

Dirtytripsix

Dude the nickel and dime thing is more of a baseline. You need to figure out what YOU like out of a machine. What speed in HZ do you like to run for lining, b/g , and color. Also you need to figure out if you like to have long or short throw for lining.. etc. Mainly if you arent into ripping machines apart, find a good speed you like to run, and then tweak the contact screw ever so slighty until the machine sounds right, and i bet youll feel better about it all

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan