• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Viper65

I would like to ask all of you a favor when posting pictures that I firmly believe will help us all out!!!

1. Post what you used…coil machine, rotary machine. Maybe even the brand of machine your using, and what you think of it!!!!!!

2. Post what brand of ink your using ( yes, its a big help!) some thoughts of the ink you used, did you like it or hate it, did it go in easy or was it a bitch for the color to take??????

3. Post what needles you used and maybe the reason you choose them. Did you use that big honking mag or a small round shader????

I think if we start to post a little more information with our pictures its going to benefit us all in the long run! ;)

viper

leopardprints67
      Participant

@Viper65 wrote:

I would like to ask all of you a favor when posting pictures that I firmly believe will help us all out!!!

1. Post what you used…coil machine, rotary machine. Maybe even the brand of machine your using, and what you think of it!!!!!!

2. Post what brand of ink your using ( yes, its a big help!) some thoughts of the ink you used, did you like it or hate it, did it go in easy or was it a bitch for the color to take??????

3. Post what needles you used and maybe the reason you choose them. Did you use that big honking mag or a small round shader????

I think if we start to post a little more information with our pictures its going to benefit us all in the long run! ;)

viper

Great idea! I’m in. Working on some new stuff to post to the forum so I’ll be sure to add this stuff.

TexasPT

F((K Viper is bossy. :lol:

I’m in on the info…I think that’s a great idea.

Viper65

LOL…. :lol: :lol:
      wasnt trying to be bossy,…just trying to get away from the “look what i did” posts and actually have people give some background on thought process…learing process.
      Im hopeing this gets made into a sticky and remains at the top! :D

Viper65

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tarantula

If you don’t recommend that beginners use certain needle groupings then stating which needles they use is counter productive surely? If you post a pic and tell everyone you used a flat 5 to do the shading and colouring you can guarantee that atleast one person reading is gonna buy some flats and try them out, as we all know flats can slice like a razor if used incorrectly, but then again all needle groupings can damage people if used incorrectly… If you have moved on from tattooing practice skins/piggy/fruit/your own thigh and are tattooing other people I would hope that you have some common sense when it comes to tattooing and will have tried some groupings on their practice materials.

Viper65

Trantula…
      Im not 100% sure i follow..I was merely stating that using a 7mag is not really the best thing to use when doing and outline. I “Recommended” using the correct needle groupings RL’s. Personally, I think using a mag for outlining is a bit advanced. Your working off the corner of that mag, you better have some skills…. ;)
      Whether or not someone does it is their own choice obviously.
      By posting a pic and telling folks I use a 5fs or 15fs, again, Im just stating what I would personally use and what I found worked best for me. Whether or not you choose to try that grouping out is most certainly up to you and the work your doing.
      As far as moving on and trying other groupings..Ive tried every grouping i could get my hands on thus far. I am in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM and authority on anything, I just stated what i used and what worked
      And yes, i will still do the pig skins. :D

Tarantula

I apologise, my grammar was much more legible in my head I promise :D I wasn’t telling you to stick to piggy as I’d actually like to see some of your latest stuff on skin :)
      One of my pet hates on some other sites at the moment is people posting some awesome piece of work and then having a load of people asking which needle groups have been used as though it will magically change their own work. I personally think that if someone is interested in some part of your work, like how you changed line weights or got that really smooth blend / fade then they should ask questions on that specific part. This way people get advice on specific techniques or groupings for some area they are struggling in rather than “I must buy a giant shovel sized mag in order to shade like that”.
      Also it keeps the forums alive “Oh! how did he/she do that!??!” as opposed to “Ah that’s what I need to do, no need to comment here.”

Sometimes it’s good to say what groups you used, but in my opinion only when you did something unusual like only using a flat (for example) to do the whole tat, so we can all appreciate your awesome skills :D

Viper65

LOL..no problems and i completely understand. You actually wont be seeing any of my actual skin work anytime soon unfortunately..Im in Afghansistan right now so im very limited on what i can do. I dont even have any equipment with me at present though i plan on having it sent for practice skins and honing my skills… ;)

Tarantula

Take care out there, looking forward to seeing some more stuff when you’re back :)

Viper65

Pushing this back to the top..

Viper65

:D :D :D :D :D

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan