• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Lennart82
      Participant

Well I told you guys, in my introduction, that I did portraits.
      So just wanted to show you guys what I do, on a part time basis.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau aka. Jaime Lannister
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyYAqnqPKns

And this is my goal on tattooing in the distant future.

I do have to say your are pretty amazing at portraits! Best of luck with your ventures in tattooing!

Lennart82
      Participant

But doing it on living skin is a different matter, then on paper. And I will wait until I can master it on a practise skin first. :ugeek:

robroy289
      Participant

WOW! Awsome man.

Lennart82
      Participant

And here is another Game of Thrones Character I did recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWV6v0CXJ1E

Rscotti91
      Participant

LENNART!!!!! YOU’RE DRAWING SKILLS ARE AMAZING!!!! KEEP IT UP AND YOU’LL BE IN TATTOO MAGAZINES SOONER OR LATER!!!!
      :D

Lennart82
      Participant

Thank you :D :D :D

Tattoo Magazines? Nahh I’m to modest for that :?

But good news, I have found my first test dummy for a portrait. His body has help alot of upcoming tattoo artists. He is a collector of first timers tattoos. So once he’s figured out who he wants, then we are in business :D

Rscotti91
      Participant

Yes, honestly if you keep tattooing I and progress with it, I could definitely picture seeing your work in a magazine!
      That’s great news!!! If it’s anything like your game of thrones drawings then it won’t be anything less than AMAZING!!!
      By the way I saw your video of the hummingbird tubes and kuro-sumi outlining ink. How are the hummingbird tubes? haha. :D
      R.Scotti

Lennart82
      Participant

Hahaha then I will have to strive for that goal :D

Omg did you watch that? You didnt understand a word I said did you?? hahah

Well okey, a quick review of the humming bird.

They work quite good. But you have to be carefull placing the needle, as you dont have that big of a view of the container. Once that is said, it fills good and fast. To fast some times, so just a quick dab in the cap is enough.

But one thing thats a bit annoying, is that becaurse of the wide grip, (which is hollow) you have a sound enhancer, so the humming, will actually sound a bit louder. Hence the name (I think) :lol:

Rscotti91
      Participant

AWESOME, I HOPE TO SEE YOU IN MAGAZINES ONE DAY AND GET TO MEET YOU IN AMERICA!!!! HAHA :D
      Well when it came to you speaking English, yeah I understood a few. lol
      Would you mind me asking what language you speak? Since I see your profile says you’re from Denmark.
      A dialect of German or Dutch perhaps? Not trying to insult you either. I’m ignorant about Denmark. ^___^
      That’s great to hear, I’ve been wanting to try the hummingbirds out for awhile now.
      I think I shall buy some!! :)
      R.Scotti

Lennart82
      Participant

I speak danish, and yes, you can eat it as well. ;)

And its a dialect of old norse language, Denmark is part of Scandinavia, which include Denmark, Sweden and Norway all of whom are old norse.
      Watch The 13th Warrior and listen to the language the norse men speak at the beginning, its all a combination of the Scandinavian language.

Not many know alot about Denmark. Its a very small country, we only have 5.5 million people here. But thats not saying we didnt make anything usefull ;)
      In the tattooing business we have H.C Ørsted who was the first to invent the Electric Magnetic Coil (Which we use in the tattoo machine)
      And we also have Tattoo Ole the one who started the first, still running, tattoo parlor from 1902
      What else… hummm… Metalica drummer Lars Ulric is danish. Vigo Mortensen is danish. The huge muscle guy from fast and furios 6 Kim Kold is danish. Jamie Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) is danish. Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal, Le chifre(James Bond))
      A shit load of designers you never heard of, but you’ve sat in a danish chair, almost garanteed.
      The oldest kingdom in the world. The oldest flag (still to be used)
      We are not for sale, meaning; Not everything can be bought in Denmark, not even for the right price. If you try, it will be considered as an insult, and even if your Bill Gates, we turn our backs on you. Thats why there are no police or government corruption.
      And last thing to be said about Denmark…..? Balls…

This was the former king
      http://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/files/2009/10/56.jpg

He ruled under WW2.
      when the nazi’s conquered denmark in WW2 they ordered all the jews, starting the next day, to have a star of david sewn to their clothes. The next morning the king appeared in public, with a star of david sewn to the breast of his coat.
      Now thats what I call having balls…

And we are very good at animating realistic anime. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYdpCccFRzc

Lennart82
      Participant

One last important thing I forgot.

Tuborg and Carlsberg are also danish. :mrgreen:

Rscotti91
      Participant

@Lennart82 wrote:

I speak danish, and yes, you can eat it as well. ;)

And its a dialect of old norse language, Denmark is part of Scandinavia, which include Denmark, Sweden and Norway all of whom are old norse.
      Watch The 13th Warrior and listen to the language the norse men speak at the beginning, its all a combination of the Scandinavian language.

Not many know alot about Denmark. Its a very small country, we only have 5.5 million people here. But thats not saying we didnt make anything usefull ;)
      In the tattooing business we have H.C Ørsted who was the first to invent the Electric Magnetic Coil (Which we use in the tattoo machine)
      And we also have Tattoo Ole the one who started the first, still running, tattoo parlor from 1902
      What else… hummm… Metalica drummer Lars Ulric is danish. Vigo Mortensen is danish. The huge muscle guy from fast and furios 6 Kim Kold is danish. Jamie Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) is danish. Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal, Le chifre(James Bond))
      A shit load of designers you never heard of, but you’ve sat in a danish chair, almost garanteed.
      The oldest kingdom in the world. The oldest flag (still to be used)
      We are not for sale, meaning; Not everything can be bought in Denmark, not even for the right price. If you try, it will be considered as an insult, and even if your Bill Gates, we turn our backs on you. Thats why there are no police or government corruption.
      And last thing to be said about Denmark…..? Balls…

This was the former king
      http://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/files/2009/10/56.jpg

He ruled under WW2.
      when the nazi’s conquered denmark in WW2 they ordered all the jews, starting the next day, to have a star of david sewn to their clothes. The next morning the king appeared in public, with a star of david sewn to the breast of his coat.
      Now thats what I call having balls…

And we are very good at animating realistic anime. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYdpCccFRzc

I just got that joke after reading it 3 times! lol
      Glad to know you have a good sense of humor! (:
      Oh wow that was like the history of Denmark 101 in a nutshell! haha.
      Very interesting!!! That’s quite cool to now know where the electric magnetic coil was invented!!! yes, I did know that we used them in our machines!!! lmao.
      Do you mind me asking why you can’t buy certain goods in Denmark?
      The nazi, so not cool…..
      R.Scotti

Lennart82
      Participant

And we use alot of irony. And we dont use NOOOOOT at the end of it. You just have to figure what we mean by looking in our eyes. If theres a gleam, its a joke, if darkness is there, we mean it :P

Hmm why there are something that can be bought, and its people I mean? I dont know. Perhaps its the Law of Jante.
      Its hard to describe as its roots are deep.

You can read a bit more on Jante Law here. Its depressing to write about, as I consider myself better then that ;)

http://blogs.cornell.edu/cualnl9hrz5/2012/09/20/mediocrity-at-its-finest/

Rscotti91
      Participant

@Lennart82 wrote:

And we use alot of irony. And we dont use NOOOOOT at the end of it. You just have to figure what we mean by looking in our eyes. If theres a gleam, its a joke, if darkness is there, we mean it :P

Hmm why there are something that can be bought, and its people I mean? I dont know. Perhaps its the Law of Jante.

You can read a bit more on Jante Law here. Its depressing to write about, as I consider myself better then that ;)

Well either do Americans, those are NOT jokes in particular.
      That’s depressing, and YOU SHOULD CONSIDER YOURSELF BETTER!!!
      I don’t say consider yourself THE BEST cause no one is best at anything and there is always someone better, and you can always improve with anything.
      Sorry, that’s how it is. Maybe you should move to America! :D Then you give me a tattoo! haha

angie

wow! what is it your using….i see you use brush and i wonder what you dip in before hihi! i love doing portrait to but i seem to go to light! i was amaze how dark you go and how well it does!!! please light me up !!!

you got some bad ass skill !

Rscotti91
      Participant

Right, Angie? Ha He’s got crazy skills. (:

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

HOly heck Lenn that’s fantastic work :3

Lennart82
      Participant

@angie wrote:

wow! what is it your using….i see you use brush and i wonder what you dip in before hihi! i love doing portrait to but i seem to go to light! i was amaze how dark you go and how well it does!!! please light me up !!!

you got some bad ass skill !

Thanks.
      I use charcoal, in fact its the only thing I use. Derwent Charcoal Pencils. Light, Medium and Dark (darks my favourite) And the brushes I use, is actually makeup brushes. ;)
      I have a piece of sandpaper, and when you use a regular pencil sharpener, your charcoal in the pencil will break (that’s why I buy 50 of the pencils at the time) But that broken tip, I will run over the sandpaper to get charcoal dust. Depending on what I am doing, the finer I will make the dust.

IMO a portrait needs its dark, that’s why I use charcoal instead of the lead pencils. Those HB B2 H2 and so on, have a tendency to have a grey even silver like finish, which I don’t like. Now black charcoal, turns black ;)

But what I don’t use, is white as highlight.
      Here you can have a look at another, older, drawing of Bane from Batman The Dark Knight Rises. Here there is this cool light source, which let me to do this piece. I just think its cool ;) Again, I didn’t use any other then the 3 shades of black. So the highlights are actually just blank space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36KfXwd_LLA

I am so exiting, very soon, I will have my first test go at portraits on a real person. :D :D

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

HOly heck Lenn that’s fantastic work :3

Thanks Ram :D

Lennart82
      Participant

@Rscotti91 wrote:

@Lennart82 wrote:

Well either do Americans, those are NOT jokes in particular.
      That’s depressing, and YOU SHOULD CONSIDER YOURSELF BETTER!!!
      I don’t say consider yourself THE BEST cause no one is best at anything and there is always someone better, and you can always improve with anything.
      Sorry, that’s how it is. Maybe you should move to America! :D Then you give me a tattoo! haha

Hahaha I cant considere myself better, I was raised with this thing. The generation of my parents are the worst, you cannot satisfy them (well not saying everyone is like that) If I could walk on water, my mom would say “Hmmm Why cant you fly yet?” And that generation has a thing for enhancing other people kids. Like one of my school mates. “He did this, He is sooo great at that, he really knows what he wants” and so on ;) BUT I plan on making it better hahahah, Yub, I’m just a big ol dreamer. But dreams come true :D

But move to America… The thought had graced my mind, but only for a minute. If I move there, I will be a sheep amongs lions. Here, in my home town, I am the lion amongst sheep :lol: hahahahahaha
      And even though we pay 50% in taxes, well we are happy to have the kind of security Denmark has. Free school and education. Free healtcare. You get pension from the government, so you dont have to save up, unless you want to. So there is this net of security, that danes dont want to give up.
      Wanna know something crazy?
      In Denmark, a Banks outer door is always opend, and the clerks dosent sit behind armoured glas, but in stead in round meeting islands, for everyone to see. BUT the pen is chained to the desk.
      And we do not have nude beaches, but if you want to go all commando at the beach, you can do so without getting a fiend/arrested. You are allowed to go naked, but danes dont do it, only the occasional topless old dane granny. The ones who go naked are usually germans ;)

Infamous
      Participant

Maybe I should move to Denmark. Except for the tax thing I think it sounds pretty cool. Also I would probably have to learn Danish :/

angie

thanks a lot will give it a try :) oh yeah ! thats gonna upgrade my art!!! thankss xox

Lennart82
      Participant

@Infamous wrote:

Maybe I should move to Denmark. Except for the tax thing I think it sounds pretty cool. Also I would probably have to learn Danish :/

Caurse of the topless granny :P

@angie wrote:

thanks a lot will give it a try :) oh yeah ! thats gonna upgrade my art!!! thankss xox

PLease do, and let me know how it goes :D

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan