• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Bravo Boy

So I recently bought some practice skin from Amazon. Tried it out the other day. And it seemed like it doesnt hold the ink in to well. I went back to see the praxtice skin I ordered reviews and it got some great reviews. So what is the problem? Is it the ink im using? The needles? I got all my equipment from Superiortattoo.com..

robroy289
      Participant

What type of ink are you using? I really don’t know to much about practice skin since i used fruits when i started out, but it sounds like maybe your machine is not set right. Make sure to set your machine at a dime thickness between contact point and front spring when lining and nickle when shading. Also voltage and hand speed can cause this. Try doing some slow passes and if that doesn’t work its your machine setting’s. You should try ordering the book ” basic fundamentals of modern tattoo” you can find it on eBay it will help tremendously. I hope this helps… :mrgreen:

Bravo Boy

Yeah I plan to buy the book thanks. I got my tattoo gun in a kit for $100 and something at superiortattoos .com . My friend let me ink him up yesterday. Ill post the pic below. Give me your criticism. I didnt finish it because i had to go to work. But i had to go over lines like 6 times before they actually started to show. I would make one line then wipe and it came right off. It took me about 2 hours just to do half of it and its not even that big of a tat.

http://i48.tinypic.com/w7k9lj.jpg
      http://i50.tinypic.com/334n42s.jpg

robroy289
      Participant

Man im just gona lay it out here for ya! You should not being touching human skin yet! But it doesn’t look totaly like crap on the bottom.. Get some practice, and try to get some sort of mentor to teach you how to set your machine propperly. :shock: I’m not trying to be a dick but you need to be doing ONLY practice skin right now..

Bravo Boy

Cant get an apprenticeship. Tried the shop near me. They said no. So im going to learn this the way ive learned everything.. Self taught. Dont got money for an apprenticeship anyway. I practice on my friends. They let me. (Shrugs). I found out its my ink. I use prism ink and its not that good of an ink.

robroy289
      Participant

Man, you can say that stuff untill the cows come home!! You have to put in the work! Not just go to one shop and give up and say; ‘ OH, they will not give me a chance’! You have to work for this shit man!!! You will never be as good as you could be without a mentor. And thats just real talk.Tattoo artist allready have a bad enough name. Learn the right way and become something awsome!! :idea:

ben.catterall
      Participant

@robroy289 wrote:

Man, you can say that stuff untill the cows come home!! You have to put in the work! Not just go to one shop and give up and say; ‘ OH, they will not give me a chance’! You have to work for this shit man!!! You will never be as good as you could be without a mentor. And thats just real talk.Tattoo artist allready have a bad enough name. Learn the right way and become something awsome!! :idea:

Gotta say I completely agree with Robroy on this! Plus google “blood borne pathogens” and “cross contamination” and study your arse off on what you have to do to keep clean. Get disposable tips and grips etc, and never Never NEVER use the same needle on someone else. Same goes for your grips and tips. Even if they are reusable, dont do it unless you have a sterilizer that gets regular spore test, and even then I would still suggest using disposables.

I know what its like not being able to get an apprenticeship, but you really do need help with this! We will be able to help to an extent, but to set up your machines properly, watch/teach proper technique (especialll hand speed, grip, depth etc) it has to be in person to correct you properly.

If you cant get an apprenticeship then get tattooed. Lots! in a place you can watch. And ask them lots and lots of questions!!

And if you just must tattoo real skin then dont do it on anyone else but your self for a long time. You have some great skin and your thighs that are great to practice on!

Not trying to be a dick, just want to help you before you make any mistakes!

Cheers,
      Ben

robroy289
      Participant

@Bravo Boy wrote:

Yeah I plan to buy the book thanks. I got my tattoo gun in a kit for $100 and something at superiortattoos .com . My friend let me ink him up yesterday. Ill post the pic below. Give me your criticism. I didnt finish it because i had to go to work. But i had to go over lines like 6 times before they actually started to show. I would make one line then wipe and it came right off. It took me about 2 hours just to do half of it and its not even that big of a tat.

http://i48.tinypic.com/w7k9lj.jpg
      http://i50.tinypic.com/334n42s.jpg

So, hows everything coming along man? How you are still with us!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan