• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Twan

Is there any practice skins out there that dont smear when you use them. I bought the one with the tiger and moon in the back ground and just a blank one. When I use them and go to wipe off excess ink it just smears everywhere into it. now there just ink smear marks everywhere on them. some parts that are almost completly black from the ink, if they all do that then whats the point should i just stick to practicing with fruit. I thought that maybe it might be from the ink that came with my kit, its called flying tiger ink. I look forward to your replys and advice thank you.

inky V

your ink is probably crap! maybe u should add a little more green soap to your washing solution.

xDreamerx
      Participant

Use pig skin for practice skin. There are good sides and bad sides to it. Good side is its very close to real human skin. Downside is when it gets warm and old…..you may not wanna keep it around too much lol

jayboogink

I have the same problem with the synthetic skins. I use moms ink and kuro sumi. I found that using PLENTY of a&d when wiping works better than green soap. Hope this helps

Blaze

Ive been having the same problem its making me mad

Practice skin is the skin between your knee and hip ;)

TexasPT

Kitchen is right…practice skins are really nothing at all like the real thing I’ve found. But if you use Vaseline to wipe with…it will come clean. Inkcraft.biz has some softer skins that are much better than the ones that have the tiger on them.

Tarantula

I used to have the same problem with plastic skins, make sure you give your lines a little rub of vaseline before inking it, wipe gently or dab the excess ink off – this will stop you smearing ink all over your design. when you finish working on outline give the skin a good rubdown with vaseline (green soap and water doesnt work). If you wear converse shoes you can clean the rubber toes up using vaseline too!

DuchessCCC

I found that washing them gently before you tattoo them with the green soap works fairly good

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan