• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MortalCanvas

I find that when I draw a design for someone it takes a few alterations to finally have the finished piece. Is this normal? Is this something that will come more natually over time?
      Also, how do you charge when you are custom designing?
      The guy that taught me said to get a down payment but I think it should cost extra up front instead of just charging an up front down payment on the tattoo..because it’s a lot of time to do it.

anything?

hi mortal canvas! i strongly believe that any type of an artistic item can always be changed and will be better every time you tweak it. im not A TATTOO ARTIST as much as i wish i was…. but i love to draw and i do the same thing you do. usually though i draw a rough sketch of something…then draw the actual peice….even after that i still might find something i want to add in or erase…..so with that being said….

do what feels right and dont be afraid to re draw somewthing 10 times till u get it the way u want..but even then….maybe a year from now u will look back and see how u might have done it deifferently. cuz art is always changing and growing :)

as for charging goes, i wouldnt charge them unless they actualy like it and choose to use it…my reason for that is becuase it would not be fair for them to pay and end up not liking it…BUT it wil be good for you becuase with as much time as u put into it, it gives u more practice in creative drawing and if they dont use it u can keep it to use for ur flash or something. so either way it is a win win!

hope i helped!

Ryan Lee

Take advantage of tools like a scanner and copy machine to save you time on tweaking your rough draft copy. My personal favorite feature is being able to change the size of a picture.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan