• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Infamous
      Participant

Okay, so I made my own soap for tattooing. It’s made from 1 part CVS antibacterial hand soap and 9 parts CVS antiseptic mouthwash. After I made my concoction I re-looked up the ingredients in Green Soap and found that it contained veggie oils. So my question is,

could I still add oil at this point or would it completely negate the whole sanitary thing?

I’ve already applied a stencil with this stuff btw and it works excellently, no tattoo, it was my first stencil ever to do and I was just practicing. The drawing itself is of a compass and its a little caddy wompus because I didn’t hold the stencil down tight when I was tracing..

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

what are you using the soap for?
      applying stencils?
      Washing the tattoo as you go along?
      prepping for shaving?
      washing your own hands?

Infamous
      Participant

The soap is for the initial cleaning before applying a stencil. Since it works pretty well for applying a stencil I’ll use it for that too. I’ll be using antibacterial wet wipes for the cleaning during coupled with a plain paper towel to dab up the excess ink. I think I’ll just stick with regular shaving cream and disposable razors for the shaving part. I’ll probably use the soap to clean up after I’m done as well

Spider
      Participant

@Infamous wrote:

Okay, so I made my own soap for tattooing. It’s made from 1 part CVS antibacterial hand soap and 9 parts CVS antiseptic mouthwash. After I made my concoction I re-looked up the ingredients in Green Soap and found that it contained veggie oils. So my question is,

could I still add oil at this point or would it completely negate the whole sanitary thing?

I’ve already applied a stencil with this stuff btw and it works excellently, no tattoo, it was my first stencil ever to do and I was just practicing. The drawing itself is of a compass and its a little caddy wompus because I didn’t hold the stencil down tight when I was tracing..

Wow..ok so instead of just buying say, a pint of green soap or even detol, you go all mad scientist and concoct this stuff? Well I honestly do hope that if you are using this on a person that you inform then about what is in it, they do have a right to know what you are putting in and on them. The thing about GS is that it is manufactured specifically for a purpose. It’s kinda like, yeah you CAN beat a nail into a wall with a screwdriver, but they do make hammers! While this stuf may be ok for stencil transfer, no way should you use it for an actual piece.

Infamous
      Participant

It’s practically the same thing, just less harsh. Check the ingredients on your green soap.

30% Ethyl Alcohol, Vegetable Oil, Vitamin E, Glycerin, Lavender Scent

My mix has all that minus the vegetable oil and has a different scent, and uses Triclosan instead of Ethyl Alcohol as an antibacterial thus making it far less harsh on the skin

Lennart82
      Participant

@Spider wrote:

yeah you CAN beat a nail into a wall with a screwdriver, but they do make hammers!

That crack me up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, Don’t fix what isen’t broken ;)

But again, I am no alchymist in the making of soap. Have you tested it on yourself?

Infamous
      Participant

I applied a stencil with it to my inner bicep. It was still visible, feint but visible, even after taking a shower hours later

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

the thing about greensoap is it is an irritant. you can get PurKlenz from http://www.purklenz.com or one of their listed distributors from the site. IT’s what I use, and it’s fantastic. I use all three of their products. they are made to go together so your client wont have a reaction with the mix of products, and they are legit the best stuff on the market atm imo. PurKlenz also isnt an irritant. it is also paraben-free and fragrance-free

My wash bottle consists of 1 part PurKlenz, 4 cap fulls of bactine, 4 cap fulls of witch hazel, and 10 parts distilled water
      I use it for shaving prep, and cleaning during the tattoo

as far as a stencil I use 1 part isopropyl alcohol and 7 parts detol
      this is an anticeptic, and sanitizing combo. also the alcohol in it will dry the skin making the stencil dry, and bind a lot better. :3

also anything being used during a tattoo, and during aftercare should be unscented.

Infamous
      Participant

I’ll have to try out that stuff. I really don’t feel very secure about using my mix on people. It works great for cleaning fruit and applying stencils though

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

try what i mentioned for stencils
      it works like a beast!
      ill put on a stencil and itll still be there when im done tattooing haha

Spider
      Participant

@Ramenuzumaki wrote:

the thing about greensoap is it is an irritant.

Hence why I use witch hazel for the irritation. I also don’t use green soap during the ink, simple good old distilled water with some witch hazel added to it is all I wipe with during the process. To each thier own ya know. I do use green soap when I am taking breaks or when I want to get a good clean of the entire area. My personal choice is to wet a paper towel with distilled water, have it folded and that is what I wipe during the process, it is far less irritating, works fine, and maintains my sterile field.
      But you are right on the products. There is so much that is and can be used safely to ink and everything else. For instance, in my shop as a general sanitizer I have gone to hospital grade sanitizer known as Quat 20. Not only is it cheaper than madacide but it is used by many hospitals for sugery room disinfectant and santizer (this stuff even kills Parvo for dogs!) mixed to the proper solution it is more cost effective (for me since a supplier is not too far from me), and a gallon lasts alot longer than the “normal” tattoo shop products, and the local health dept has given me the thumbs up on it’s use in the shop.
      Who knows, maybe you’ll find the next usable tattoo product, after all, the ones that are used now were created by someone who got tired of using the same old thing and wanted something new. Part of our industry is innovation, our willingness to expand to new products and techniques in order to find a better solution to our needs. We have come a long way from the 1930’s!!!
      Don’t ever be afraid to try new stuff, you never know what you will find. Example, I use and give out pure coconut oil with some concentrated vitamin e as after care now due to the boundless benifits of these two simple products. I have had 100% positive results, even so far as cutting healing time down by a week on average, no residue on clothing and no new ink sticking to clothes. I got the idea to use this oil from a natural remedy book my wife has. Just sayin..

Infamous
      Participant

Nice! Where can I get some of that Quat 20?

Ramenuzumaki
      Participant

yeah I use CaviCide which is used in the hospitals here to clean blood spills :3
      I like to have the soap because it’s antimicrobial, and I add bactine, and witch hazel to it. i also do wet wipes. it’s just easier on the client haha.

ive heard a lot of good stuff about the coconut oil but havent actually tried it myself. i just love the results of purtect too much haha. the koi I did on my leg was fully peeled in 5 days using PurSan soap and PurTect ointment for aftercare.

but really the nice th ing about this industry is everyone has t heir own personal flare for things. there is a definite WRONG way to do things, but there is no definite RIGHT way. there are so many different ways to do our job properly its insane! :3

Spider
      Participant

@Infamous wrote:

Nice! Where can I get some of that Quat 20?

Some states have restrictions on it. I go thru a janitorial supply place that will only sell to a registered business, try a search and you’ll find the product.

The detergent is for the preliminary washing before implementing a stencil. Since it works fairly well for implementing a stencil I’ll use it for that too. I’ll be using anti-bacterial wet baby wipes for the washing during in addition to a simply document hand soft towel to dab up the unwanted ink. I think I’ll just keep with frequent males lotion and non reusable razor blades for the males part. I’ll probably use the detergent to fresh up after I’m done as well. Now we are provide the Tattoo Numbing Cream with deeveeantnumb.com

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan