• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

when i was in a tattoo apprenticeship the artist i was under took control of my machines and tuned them how he wanted for his work an gave me free range of his machine when he wasn’t using them now im back to looking for a new apprenticeship and have a light shading machine an a heavy shading machine and a loose frame.

i have started ordering new parts and plan on getting one more machine but i was wondering on peoples personal preferences on the settings of there basic liners, shaders, and block colour machines. i want to know coils, capacitors, front springs, back springs , weight of armature bar everything just so i can get a ruff idea of a few settings to try out your help would be mega appreciated

and the book has been a great help so far :D

Check out EikonDevice.com for easy to use a-bar and spring combinations. Buy a true spring low lift short or standard kit w/ all the springs about $30 – $50 not too sure. Experiment with them and see how it works out for you. Coils (I prefer pulse) 8 wrap 2.5 to 3 ohm shorty wraps with a yoke.
      Frames, I prefer to use brass.

wow thats great thanks loads :)

the parts i started to order where the ones you named as well i only got a small set of springs to start off with but when i get money i plan on buying more from there, i got the spare parts kit as well and some 8 an 10 wrap coils

on my search for new parts i thought id check out some machines and i came across some glyn flew machines (i think thats the make) apparently i have one of his designed machines the sniper. i was wondering if you could tell me anything about his machines and if hes still in the business (i heard a rumor he no longer makes machines) the main machine i was curios of is the weaver it looks like it has three coils i was wondering the effect this would have and how it would work

thank you so much and your book has been a great help

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan