• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      evan

bro ever since la ink and shit hit the air it bout portrits people all want them iv been tattooing bout a 2 years been drawing flash for 4 and havnt done one yet some of wat is involed worries me i can do eyes and lips faces are no biggei but hair wow how hair scares me to do. id like to see some thery behind they tattooing side of how this done so maybe a sec on just portrits with some pointers on how to give hair that flare and highlights in they eyes

TexasPT

Check the videos, Evan. There are a few where he’s doing portraits. Also just go to Youtube and search and watch and search and watch. There is tons of information out there.

My advice is to ignore the fact that it’s meant to be a face… Treat it purely as black and white/shades of grey values, and just take your time over it :) One tip I’ve heard, is to not put out 100% black right until the end of the process. That way, you’re laying down grey washes and building up the shades, and then come back in at the end to re-saturate anything which needs to be 100% black, without going too heavy on anything to start off with :) Can’t wait to actually try this technique myself :D

xDreamerx
      Participant

no line work….hardly at all maybe for eye lashes and white high lites, all shading, light to dark. Learn to draw hair before you decide to tat2 it. My recommendation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan