• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      xDreamerx
      Participant

Been a while since I shared any of my artwork. Here is a piece, inner arm close to armpit….she took it like a champ lol 1 more sitting and we’ll be done. Almost elbow to armpit. Just need to finish up more coloring and blending/shading of colors…etc.

sik304s

wow man thats really looking good

lue82

thats clean

I love your design and how good it looks. I’m curious if you might be able to give me a tip or any advice. I’m trying to design a piece in a similar area of the body and I don’t know how to design a tattoo transfer design. I’ve tried to use conventional tracing paper for a tattoo design after measuring the diameter of the arm and I’ve found that paper doesn’t form correctly because of it’s stiffness around the body without a slit or dart. So how did you design a tattoo sleeve that must curve so much around? Is there a possibly a type of plastic or rubber paper that molds to the body easily and can be used to trace out and design how a tattoo will look over very curved parts of the body?

I appreciate any help or advice

xDreamerx
      Participant

Well for starters, thank you for the compliment.

As for stencil transfer you might wanna read up on fundamentals. I’m not trying to plug Jordans book (website owner) but it would be good for you as a beginner. Even some of us who have several years under our belt, I found things in it that was helpful. Never stop learning.

As for transfer paper, I highly recommend you use tissue paper, you can find it at Michaels Art supply store. Or any place that sells it. Its very soft and easy to use. But you need the carbon still to get the transfer so what I use is Spirit transfer paper (packs of 20+) then when I got large pieces I use multiple sheets…etc.

Everyone has their own method, I’ve learned %80 of what I know on my own over the years by experimenting. And as of this last 12 months i’ve studied more now than I ever have since I started when I was 15yrs old tattooing. Hope this info helps.

And thank you once again.

Jermz808

Nice work! I always have a hard time on the inner arm, the skin is so soft sometimes, hard to pull tight. How do you deal with that?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan