• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

When getting my machine set up I go to turn on my power source and my machine starts running on its own without me hitting the footswitch. Plz help

Viper65

sounds like a short somewhere…..check the foot switch.

TexasPT

foot switches have an “open” circuit. When you step on the peddle you close the circuit, and power can make it to your machine. What’s happening is your switch is stuck, somehow, in the closed position. (foot down)

You’ll need to open it up and see what’s going on. Probably a wire broke and has dropped to complete the circuit without you doing it. Had it happen on one of mine. Easy fix with a soldering gun.

Happened with my first foot switch and I just boughtr a new one for $20 because I don’t have a soldering gun. I bought my newest one online and its only been used for a couple sessions and doing it all over again. Maybe I’m just buying too cheap of foot switches but this problem is getting old. I figured it had something to do with it but just making sure. Thanks for the help

leopardprints67
      Participant

@immikevalentine22 wrote:

Happened with my first foot switch and I just boughtr a new one for $20 because I don’t have a soldering gun. I bought my newest one online and its only been used for a couple sessions and doing it all over again. Maybe I’m just buying too cheap of foot switches but this problem is getting old. I figured it had something to do with it but just making sure. Thanks for the help

I’m like you. I’d rather just buy a new one. This is why I always, always, ALWAYS have spare clipcords and foot switches. It has saved me so many times!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2024 Tattoo Books Online LLC a tattoo education company by CRcharles Jordan